Lil Red Bramer Ruby

Help Support CattleToday:

Your welcome. He sure looks like a good one...Id like to see a picture of him standing up sometime

We have had a few snake bites (I am assuming snake bites) they swelled up and ozzed puss. I gave them a shot of LA200. They are none the worse for wear. If any have died from snake bites then I didn't know that was what it was.

I had a bull one time get bit in the mouth by a snake. He swelled up and couoldn't eat for several days. Got real pour and never really recovered. Luckly he was old but I still lost a good bull.

Scotty

baseballfan27":39fn7j5f said:
Burno, your thinking is a lot like mine..

Hey Caustic, that comment should make your day. Enough to drive a man to drinking, hu.

A prairie runner looks a lot like a rattler at first glance. Like the old boy said, they won't hurt you but they can sure make you hurt yourself.

Craig-TX

The rattlers around here like to hang out in Gopher tortoise holes. My bulls like to dig up Gopher holes. Fortunately, the bulls never get to the bottom of the hole where the snakes are. But it could happen. One of my neighbors had a Red Angus bull, (he had gone to Wyoming or Montana and paid a huge price for this bull and hauled him back), get bit on his penis. The neighbor took him to the vet school in Athens where he stayed a week or two. The neighbor was then informed that the bull would no longer be of any use reproductively. The neighbor then sold the bull at the local sale barn and got almost enough money to pay the vet bill.

I'd rather fight with a wash tub full of rattlers than a couple cottonmouths. A cottonmouth will not only let you step in the middle of it without making a sound, but will chase you down for no apparent reason other than fun. I've had them chase me too many times to count. I've never been caought by one though, knock on cheap laminate. I have been bit on a number of occasions by diamond back fish snakes and they are bad enough and one of the old girls got zapped by one of them cotter moccasins last summer (she came out of it in four or five days).

I'm just glad I don't have any black mambas. They say those dudes are some kind of bad.

JB

I was always told I was lucky to have a creek that flowed year round to water my cattle during drought. Its called Sweetwater creek. Not sweet but has water. Also full of copperheads. A freind of mine caught a 4.5 LF one last year fishing. You say 4.5 Lf is nothing. If you havenever seen a copperhead that is a giant.

Scotty

J Baxter Wrote
I'd rather fight with a wash tub full of rattlers than a couple cottonmouths. I've had them chase me too many times to count. .
I'll second that. How about when they try to climb in the boat with you? Talk about doing some damage with a paddle. Make the hairs on your neck stand up. Had one actually made it in boat and I thought I was gonna piss all over myself. Dang near flipped the boat over that day.

Scotty":3r6n0o0k said:
I was always told I was lucky to have a creek that flowed year round to water my cattle during drought. Its called Sweetwater creek. Not sweet but has water. Also full of copperheads. A freind of mine caught a 4.5 LF one last year fishing. You say 4.5 Lf is nothing. If you havenever seen a copperhead that is a giant.

Scotty

Copperheads in the creek??? Are you sure???

J Baxter":3e3qr7k5 said:
I'm just glad I don't have any black mambas. They say those dudes are some kind of bad.

JB

We got a whole bunch of black mambas with little black baldie babies. :shock: What do you mean they're talkin about snakes? Ooops! My bad! :oops:

Original post was an smart alec reply making fun of an anonymous poster. After reading on down the boards, it appears that situation has been altered, therefore I removed most of the original post.

LF ?? Probably just a transposition error. My guess is that he meant to type 4.5 FL short for 4.5 feet long

I've never seen a copperhead in a creek either -- but I'm not doubting Scotty's observations. I've seen way too many cottonmouths in the creek though. :mad:

Copenhagen & Shiner B":2nz3bjcy said:
I kinda scared of coachwhips the most. I have seen one stand on it's tail and look me eye to eye before, and then talk be nice to me.
Now I do believe you might be exaggerating just a little about one talking to you.
But they will stand up and look at you. They will also chase you. I think they may have bad eyesight because I have seen them come a'chasin but go right on by like they didn't see you. Had a couple of close calls like that.

WORANCH":2sqhr65m said:
Scotty":2sqhr65m said:

Scotty

Copperheads in the creek??? Are you sure???
The creek behind my house when I was growin' up was full of Copperheads. We use run into them a lot when we were tryin' to catch crawfish in the creek. They would be out there in the water. They are often called "highland mocassins" around here by some people.

Latest posts