Let's fast forward into madness

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I saw this skit and thought it hilarious but at the same time found it sad. Sad in that this is becoming reality.

[youtube]ErRHJlE4PGI[/youtube]

stooooopid as all get out but in Boulder Colorado this would be the norm not the exception!

Being in the wholesale food business i have heard some of this and worse, especially the last 5 years. It's just getting worse!

True story
My wife, daughter and I are eating diner at the Cotton Patch.
I'm wearing boots, my hats, my freebie carhartt Ivomec vest, I'm sure I look like I just feel off the feed wagon.
At the booth just next to us a young lady and her mother(I think) sits down and begins to discuss vegetarian plates.
They order and the mother ask bout school, her classes etc,(TTU)
Then they begin to discuss prochoice, I do my very best to not listen but the young lady speaks loud and very clear and articulate so I know she's not from around here.
This evolves from rape to a womens given right and so on.
I guess she can read my facial expression and I swear she looks me right in the eye and says and these dumb country hicks think they have the right to decide what's right and wrong, UGH !!! I mean they eat animals, their mothers should have had an abortion.
I told my wife it's time to go

ALACOWMAN":1lr4tmbd said:
makes you want to grab em by the hair, and slap their heads together like coconuts.... bet i know whos lever they pulled at the last election..
Couldn't agree with you more...

cross_7":20w328wj said:
True story
I'm wearing boots, my hats, my freebie carhartt Ivomec vest, I'm sure I look like I just feel off the feed wagon.
At the booth just next to us a young lady and her mother(I think) sits down and begins to discuss vegetarian plates.
Then they begin to discuss prochoice, I do my very best to not listen but the young lady speaks loud and very clear and articulate so I know she's not from around here.
I guess she can read my facial expression and I swear she looks me right in the eye and says and these dumb country hicks think they have the right to decide what's right and wrong, UGH !!! I mean they eat animals, their mothers should have had an abortion.

You shouldn't have left. You should have started having a loud an articulate conversation with your wife and discussed all of the other side of the issues these two women were having. Start with abortion and who looks out for the rights of the unborn child and where is their right to choose. Make them uncomfortable and want to leave.

cross_7":3w3hozoc said:
True story

I would hope when you left there was a Prius with at least two flat tires in the parking lot. Forget I said that. I don't mean to imply that you would stoop to my level. :oops:

That was hilarious! Way over the top. Spoofing Portland and people who want to be close to their food is good fun. I had chicken one evening at a 'fine' restaurant in West Seattle where you required a reservation made before noon so they had the time to catch, kill, clean and hang your dinner properly before your arrival. They gave a spiel about how well treated and 'natural' this chicken had lived, and died. They charged accordingly as well. Which wasn't quite so funny but then I figured I was paying for the privilege of hearing this waiter go on about the life and times of a chicken I was about to eat. Made sure to suck the bones clean of meat that night!

Dega Moo":2lqjw5ra said:
That was hilarious! Way over the top. Spoofing Portland and people who want to be close to their food is good fun. I had chicken one evening at a 'fine' restaurant in West Seattle where you required a reservation made before noon so they had the time to catch, kill, clean and hang your dinner properly before your arrival. They gave a spiel about how well treated and 'natural' this chicken had lived, and died. They charged accordingly as well. Which wasn't quite so funny but then I figured I was paying for the privilege of hearing this waiter go on about the life and times of a chicken I was about to eat. Made sure to suck the bones clean of meat that night!

I have a friend who sells organic free range chickens to a number Seattle restaurants. You might have dined on one of his fine birds. But the truth is they aren't treated much better than any other chicken. Life is tough and short if you are a chicken.

At least they're still meat eaters.
My wife and I sold eggs and poultry for a few years. People would ask if they were free range chickens and I'd say "no, we charge for them".

Dave":2oitewio said:
Dega Moo":2oitewio said:

I have a friend who sells organic free range chickens to a number Seattle restaurants. You might have dined on one of his fine birds. But the truth is they aren't treated much better than any other chicken. Life is tough and short if you are a chicken.

Yep, and I don't care if they held it lovingly in their hands close to their chest and cooed sweet apologies to it as it died--it still went to it end gasping for breath and it's still graveyard DEAD!

Dega Moo":g5phzqqj said:
You puttin' me on? :???:

I've never seen an episode of "Portlandia", but how do you parody this stuff? Today I received a Facebook post from Mike Pollan, the Berkely-based author of such tidbits of wisdom as
"Don't eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food." I'll say I didn't know my great grandma. But from where they lived and all that I'm guessing they recognized a lot of things as food. And if they had had Cheetos I don't think the great greats would have asked questions.

cow pollinater":3fvy8v4v said:
At least they're still meat eaters.
My wife and I sold eggs and poultry for a few years. People would ask if they were free range chickens and I'd say "no, we charge for them".

Last time i heard the requirement for designating chicken as free range was the addition of a 10 x 10 outside cage on the chicken hyouse so that they could go outside and look up at the sky. This is not a joke. That's what i was told!

Dave":1m71ym5v said:
Dega Moo":1m71ym5v said:

even shorter nowdays.. use to get to peck around in the yard for awhile.. now they go from chick to arnold in a flash... i still think mac' nuggets have up'd the bra size in the younger girls :cowboy:

Latest posts