More Corona madness....the drama continues

Help Support CattleToday:

greggy said:
Without us getting bogged down in fault or conspiracy etc....

How are things going there ? We have some pretty neutral media outlets here still, for now, anyway, they have no reason to skew anything outside, however, they may rely on outside for the info....anyways..

As per first thread, I thought the US was in for a problem due to the amount of cases here that originated in the US and we had already locked down, last I looked it was said maybe 60k dead possibly, we know it has surpassed that give or take whatever margin of error.

I was thinking it was bold to be opening again before us as we had smashed the curve, I was thinking we were dragging the chain a bit, and still do as we are starting a new lockdown in some areas as they panic now with any flare up, but...

How is it going there now ?

I have nothing to go by, but I think there may be another large surge & daily count may be high again in 2 too 4 weeks, but in some states like AZ, CA, TX etc, how are the hospitals going do you say ?

Like I said, let's not make it political, just what you know, like no change, def busier, getting too busy etc ... let us keep the blame out of it, it won't make any diff now anyway. I hear some states locking some things again, I do not see NY gov etc anymore on the box here ?
https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=covid+deaths+america

Caustic Burno" It's got everybody terrified here in Texas as you can see this is Saturday on the lake. [url=https://postimg.cc/QVtkhG6G said:
A69-F3-D8-B-2-A6-E-477-D-AA07-6-B672-A527005.png
[/url]

Glad to see they are keeping the boats 6' apart.

We beat them off with a (6' long) rod if they get too close here. :nod:

Stocker Steve said:
Private security companies are doing a booming business.
Some new PPE shortages.
Talking heads keep talking.
Time to go camping.

What are priv security companies booming for ?

The PPE did not ever seem to get to a critical point here, but they still resist the mask recommendation let alone orders.

Caustic Burno said:
greggy said:

How are things going there ? We have some pretty neutral media outlets here still, for now, anyway, they have no reason to skew anything outside, however, they may rely on outside for the info....anyways..

As per first thread, I thought the US was in for a problem due to the amount of cases here that originated in the US and we had already locked down, last I looked it was said maybe 60k dead possibly, we know it has surpassed that give or take whatever margin of error.

I was thinking it was bold to be opening again before us as we had smashed the curve, I was thinking we were dragging the chain a bit, and still do as we are starting a new lockdown in some areas as they panic now with any flare up, but...

I have nothing to go by, but I think there may be another large surge & daily count may be high again in 2 too 4 weeks, but in some states like AZ, CA, TX etc, how are the hospitals going do you say ?

Like I said, let's not make it political, just what you know, like no change, def busier, getting too busy etc ... let us keep the blame out of it, it won't make any diff now anyway. I hear some states locking some things again, I do not see NY gov etc anymore on the box here ?

Your ate up with this aren't you.
It's got everybody terrified here in Texas as you can see this is Saturday on the lake.

Absolutely not, but I do have an active mind :)

Your thinking I have some political agenda, I am thinking I hope none of you get really ill, I really have nothing but a passing interest in the politics of the day.

The lake wont be an issue, the boat ramp may be and the bar afterwards :) I would not go even if I could, for those reasons.

hurleyjd said:
greggy said:

https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZTSB&pc=MOZI&q=covid+deaths+america

Yeah, I saw elsewhere 130k+

I do not know your Fauci well, or any history, but I saw him talking a bit today, not sure from what day, but he seemed frustrated, as I would be, because it was never really brought under control, and I think it will accelerate.

I understand the freedoms, I understand the economics, I am just talking about I sense it may accelerate again, hard to know for sure, maybe what is needed is just get on with it approach.

No one will truly know for prob another 6 months.

The numbers from communist areas but, I would say is the hoax, I seen people here thinking China and other not effected badly, this is what can be a bit frustrating, even with the known faults, the West is more honest with itself, China has had a lot of issues, they not been able to supply many things, the numbers in many places are total BS, way under reported, as I feel is most of the West.

greggy said:
TexasBred said:
greggy said:
That was the point of going early and going hard in beginning, so health care would not be over run and have issues, but now, down here, it seems it has turned to trying to cut all cases, let alone minimise deaths.

Politicians have also finally noticed, not a good idea to rely on others near 100% for some essentials, pandemic prep is prob a known thing, in this regard, we could argue most western govts dropped the ball really ?

How the he// can you really "plan" for a pandemic from a virus that you've never heard of before??

Have some extra capacity bed wise...
Have stocks of the cheap be nice masks
Have stocks of other cheap ppe
Have some extra equiptment and ability too produce more.

Just some of the obvious things too me....we are not in the stone age are we ? So we could be prepared for things we do know about.....
No and this is not a boy scout first aid merit badge exam either. Get real dude

Well...gov here used too running on empty. No good running things cut to the bone cause things happen.

We have about 60 days fuel on hand....I do not think that is smart either.....it is a problem just waiting for a trigger.

Running out of cheap masks etc is a prob , scouts prob would be more prepared....

PS in reality, it is pretty useless discussing anything seeing none of us, that I know of, are policy makers.

But what is the harm in discussing ideas? We would be better writing to elected officials, anyway, govts cannot keep masses of everything on hand, but what is the issue with keeping masks and PPE for outbreaks or other mass events, these things can and do occur. So where do I have to get real ? I am not saying we all have to have a hospital with thousands of beds ready in every 5 min radius of anywhere sitting empty for most of the time otherwise gov is failing us.

What is happening here, well, we have had many new cases in our southern eastern state mainly it seems in our second largest city, it has prob had also the most immigrants arrive over last 5 years, I only mention that because some academics etc are blaming the govt for not going and talking to these groups in their own language, one of our outspoken politicians who is critical of recent arrivals that do not bother to learn our language has been banned from some tv channels, seems like the bias is creeping in here too with the PC correct media.

Anyways, our cases are no longer from returned flights, all returns are put in lockdown for 2 weeks, however this new outbreak seems to have been pushed along by poor management and security guards lacking any responsibility or pride. The quarantine lock down it turns out has been run by bozo and co, or dads army for those familiar with Brit comedy. It has started many locally transmitted cases.

So now, that state has started lockdowns again, some places have been ringfenced & there is outcrys from all the people on govt teat.

Have a look at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/australia/

If there is any doubt about the US, have a look at the graph and see we had halted and almost removed the virus, we started opening things again in June and look at what happens when a few cases exist and social gathering restrictions are lifted, it is clear how contagious it is, and also how hard it will be to keep a lid on.

I do not see, at this point, how the current actions will not annihilate our economy, along with China playing games, and a recession already.

The real issue is no crystal ball, but this cannot go on, as said, our approach seems to have moved from contain and control, to eradicate at all cost. This is a symptom of politics really it seems & not wanting to be seen as responsible for any complications at all.

The graph is telling but of the nature of contagion & ease of transmission.

One of our states has just introduced....

Strong reccomendation to wear masks when outside....lol

The talk I heard via yhe box is maybe you cannot force people to wear one, anyways, that is odd, cause they can force us to do all sorts of things here...

The main reason seems yo be now we are moving from mainly importing virus, to community transmitted and it seems to be taking off.

This is why I think there are different strains.....otherwise we would not have been able to nearly stop it.

Anyways...an odd situation, seems we cannot make our minds up on control or eradicating.....near impossinle it seems to me with the later unless we were 100% self sufficient.

So lockdowns are on again in various areas....we can only play this game for so long it would seem to me, pollies keep panicking due to US and EU numbers.....

Well Greggy, as my profile states I come from Qld. Our state government is labour. I am not not a labour supporter however I do appreciate the stance our labour premier has taken with regard to border closures and they have just opened on Friday to select interstate travel. We are also getting a lot of tourists in our area at the moment with the school holidays and grey nomads looking for somewhere to go. I am stepping up my biosecurity again as I feel there is a real risk of some disease ridden outsider slipping in with the "dreaded lurgy". Our state has had a week of zero new cases then I see this morning two new cases in Townsville, defence personal reurning from overseas, geeze, how do you stay isolated?

Ken

Yeah, I know where you are.

I cannot see how we can keep this up, and watch her shut it all down when the inevedible community cases flare up somwhere there....

I am glad I am not in the far nth as a tourist business.....

Re vanners etc....do not worry, we get a lot, and a lot come from the big smoke for a day or two as well.

I am not worried about it, more worried how long the West goes running from it, we have had the time to prepare, see no choice but to face it, just slow it with the small things we can do too avoid.

I'm with Ken, I'm a national party man but we have a labour premier and he has been brilliant. No need to worry about us Greggy, mining is booming and our economy is churning strongly. We are out of lockdown for a while now and back to work.

At first they were certain the virus was spreading here but turns out there was no community spread at all. Every case was imported and isolated quickly. So we are virus free apart from people in quarantine. Now the thinking i have is scientists and drs are starting to really work the virus out and heaps of trials are coming to the results end. This means they will be able to treat the people who get it bad and lower not only the death rate but also the long term effects this virus is causing. So with that in mind the longer we can keep it out the better the outcome.

Any chance this virus could have been around much longer than previously thought? And that the majority of the hype is just bc of the amount of testing being done?

JMJ Farms said:
Any chance this virus could have been around much longer than previously thought? And that the majority of the hype is just bc of the amount of testing being done?

Yes, that is possible......

There is no hype imo, some panic, some political reaction, some very cautious people due to not understanding even a common cold.

It is not a cold or little flu, but it could kill you or pass by unnoticed.

I am still thinking, keep going, just take basic precautions, wash jands, avoid handshakes etc, wash out your mouth with soap after swearing due to somone spitting a cough at you 😀

Redgully said:
I'm with Ken, I'm a national party man but we have a labour premier and he has been brilliant. No need to worry about us Greggy, mining is booming and our economy is churning strongly. We are out of lockdown for a while now and back to work.

At first they were certain the virus was spreading here but turns out there was no community spread at all. Every case was imported and isolated quickly. So we are virus free apart from people in quarantine. Now the thinking i have is scientists and drs are starting to really work the virus out and heaps of trials are coming to the results end. This means they will be able to treat the people who get it bad and lower not only the death rate but also the long term effects this virus is causing. So with that in mind the longer we can keep it out the better the outcome.

I am not leaning that way cause it is here and a vac unlikey, lowering transmission, yes, eradicating.....and blocking the world.....no.

greybeard said:
If what I'm hearing out of Austin is true, some Texans going to be pretty upset in about 4 days..
Abbott won't be the Republican nomination for governor next election over this.
There is already a recall petition circulating.
Mandate had no teeth.
You can't be jailed for any violation
https://open.texas.gov/uploads/files/organization/opentexas/EO-GA-29-use-of-face-coverings-during-COVID-19-IMAGE-07-02-2020.pdf
Lawyers are lined up for free defense of a fine that has no teeth as you can't be jailed.

This executive order hereby prohibits confinement in jail as a penalty for the violation of any face-covering order by any jurisdiction.

Cain is the state rep that poured Beto back in a bottle.