National Fast Food Day

Help Support CattleToday:

There's a Culvers near here and according to my sister, they have a good chicken sandwich. I tried the burger. Not memorable. No real good or terrible impression.
If you like a fish sandwich, they have the best you can get at a fast food restaurant. Same for their onion rings.

Jimmy John's is my first choice if I go to town and didn't pack my own lunch. If stuck with gas station food, a bag of Frito Scoops and a can of spicy bean dip gets me by.

Before there were fast food places, the "fast food" in the south was a moon pie and an RC cola from a country store. I guess they still make those, but I have not had either in at least 50 years. 10 cents for that RC if you returned the bottle. 5 cents for a candy bar unless you got an Almond Joy which was 10 cents.
Or if you were not very hungry, you just got a pack of salted peanuts and dumped them in your bottle of Coke for your snack.
We have come a long way in our food choices. Anyone remember when pork was about 50% fat and hogs came in all colors?

Before there were fast food places, the "fast food" in the south was a moon pie and an RC cola from a country store. I guess they still make those, but I have not had either in at least 50 years. 10 cents for that RC if you returned the bottle. 5 cents for a candy bar unless you got an Almond Joy which was 10 cents.
Or if you were not very hungry, you just got a pack of salted peanuts and dumped them in your bottle of Coke for your snack.
We have come a long way in our food choices. Anyone remember when pork was about 50% fat and hogs came in all colors?
We have moon pies in every grocery and gas station around. I guess it helps that they are made in Chattanooga. The same with Goo Goo Clusters, they are made in Nashville.

Latest posts