leachman sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks ACG I had never heard anything about that before.Kinda makes you think why they are always having business disputes and starting up new companies.

Ok that clears up a lot for me. I don't pay enough attention to who is going where and then when changes like that do occur I am stuck wondering what the heck happened.

rocket2222":2tf9xzjw said:
Doc, I'm definitely not being combative. I just have an opinion. This is a discussion forum, and I like to discuss. I look forward to hearing from Mr. Leachman. If you like, you could have him PM me, give me a time when best to call, his phone number, and I would call him and talk directly on my dime.

I was actually quite surprised by your response to my first post, as I did actually call the guy a marketing genius. I believe that if Mr. Leachman had not had his own show on t.v., or wherever it is, and had not been so outspoken in his beliefs, that he would not have sold that 440 pound calf for $2,000.00. That's good marketing that sold that bull, not the bull's performance. I've seen this happen many, many times before. The farm, the business, whoever has the better marketing program, will typically get better prices or sell more of their product. It doesn't necessarily mean that the product is better or worse, but generally it's has to be a good product, but the company markets it better. I think this is especially true in the cattle business.
I am being put in the middle of this question! I am OUT of the middle of this question! You have access to Lee's address for snail mail, his web site and his telephone number. If you wish to know all the details or more than is in this thread - - -CONTACT HIM DIRECTLY AND ASK HIM. I am not a go-between or an errand boy..

DOC HARRIS

Hey Doc: I like how everybody essentially ignored what he said pretty eloquently in his thread about environment vs. epds.

I do have a question, that maybe you know the answer to: and that is what does Mr. Leachman think of Mr. Pharo? Kit has been hinting that Leachman's are stealing his thunder so to speak. You can Pm me if you know anything on this subject or even if you don't I would like to hear from you. Thanks Mac.

Mac -

I have not talked to Lee specifically regarding Kit, and he has not mentioned Kit directly.

Regarding his thoughts or relationship with Kit Pharro, I have no clue. I think that their crossbreeding philosophies, by the very nature of the principles of crossbreeding, must be in sinc and parallel to a certain extent with the protocol's required with other managerial behaviors.

"The American Rancher" program on RFD-TV - TONIGHT, as a matter of fact (7:00 PM MDT) is about Kit Pharo and his operation. Might be interesting watching. I plan to do so!

DOC HARRIS

I am sure i am going to take a hit but these guys are not genuises. They do what works for them it does not mean their philosophy applies universally. Yes leachman is a good marketer and salesman he does his homework marketing the cattle not raising them. As a purebred breeder seeing excuses doesn't fly if the cattle had that tough a time just cut them. Don't try to sell as breeder cattle and say the genetic potential is still there. Sometimes a flush doesn't work the way you expect. IMO he was just trying to cut the losses on those ET cattle. Although the reputation is there if this keeps up it will be hurt in the long run.

Latest posts