LAWN SPRAY

Help Support CattleToday:

MF135

Reaction score
Hey board!

I came to visit my parents for the week and their yard, once the nicest coastal bermuda lawn, is over-run with rye and clover and what I call "dallas grass." What do you think is the best spray to kill everything except the bermuda??

Thanks!

Also, what are some suggestions for killing grass/weeds on a rock driveway. Ive used diesel in the past, but surely there is a less expensive alternative??

MF135,

With the temps warming up in texas the clover and rye will be burning out within a month. My clover is already going away. If you want to treat, you can get the clover with any 2-4D mix and that will take care of it a little quicker. As for the Dallis grass, MSMA works pretty well but will take two applications about 4-6 weeks apart. MSMA is being removed from the market by the EPA... I am not sure if the product has been pulled from store shelves or if it is still available at this time. If it is still available, you should buy some to have on hand. A great, cheap product that will control grassy weeds in bermuda. But it is not labeled for grazing so keep that in mind when you are treating.

Greenhaw

msscamp":sv4owl3s said:
dun":sv4owl3s said:
For the driveway I use a mixture of Roundup and Grazon

Why not sterilize it?
The grazon stops the weeds for a year, that's plenty long enough for me. There are also a couple of springs that pop up in it and un down through the pastures. Leery of spraying anything that my run off and cause damage down stream.

Latest posts