Last of the Summer Wine

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
File0002.JPG

File0003.JPG

do you have 'Last of the Summer wine' programme where you are? this is the Cafe where they go and the alley they walk down to get to the Cafe, where Compo suprises Nora. The boy in the orange trousers is my son he is 6ft now.

Looks like a very cool place, where else but in England and Europe can you find streets with cobblestones, very cool pics!

GMN

Are you speaking of the "Britcom" "Last of the Summer Wine"?

The photos look like it..We get it sometimes,on PBS..Are they still filming ? Good funny little show..don't like the laftrac tho..

Is that the one with Judy Dench, where they live in a nursing home?

(...I ask, as I wait for the giant beer can to fall from the sky and crush me to death...)

Chris, I was in London summer before last. I loved it. I'd been there many years before, but it was still a treat to return. I loved Carnaby Street.

Alice

cmjust0":9jps3bj2 said:

(...I ask, as I wait for the giant beer can to fall from the sky and crush me to death...)

Uh,nooo,Judy Dench is/was in"As Time Goes BY" and many,many others,so mabe..This one is some boyhood friends who fought in WWII,and made it home..

cmjust0":py5pg7ji said:

Soon as that beer can crushes you - we're gonna haul it off for scrap, of course we'll be leaving you behind since you weren't acting like a man.

peg4x4":1k3zmoid said:
Are you speaking of the "Britcom" "Last of the Summer Wine"?

The photos look like it..We get it sometimes,on PBS..Are they still filming ? Good funny little show..don't like the laftrac tho..

yes they are still filming, after 28years still going strong. I don't like the pipped in laughter either. It is filmed in Yorkshire, which is in the North of England. The place is not far from where my youngest Daughter lives, hence us being there.

Dame Judy is in 'As time goes by' they have just made a new series for next year.

Alice":2tfbju9i said:
Chris, I was in London summer before last. I loved it. I'd been there many years before, but it was still a treat to return. I loved Carnaby Street.

Alice

I used to love Carnaby Street (Carnaby Hall) when I was younger, it is not the same as it was in the 1960's, in its hay day, I meet Lulu, Twiggy and Cilla Black there once, while out shopping.

Latest posts