ladies will like this one

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle":3288k6of said:
I took my 8 yr. old (girl) and 5 yr. old (boy) with me yesterday to pick up one of my friend's bulls from the bull test that was DQed for some reason. Anyway, while we're at the big barn that is housing around 100 bulls waiting on my friend to walk the bull down from the other end my 8 yr. pulls out some fingernail polish and says: "Daddy I brought this because I thought you would have time to paint my nails" I said sure thing and sat her on one of the cattle loading ramps and painted away. Got her nails done and they dried quickly in the wind, she immediately starting jumping in the leaves with her brother by jumping off the cattle loading chute. It was just a beautiful picture for me to see her still be a little girl and play in the leaves around the farm smells and not care but also want to be pretty with her nails. Just a daddy sharing...that's all.

I didn't post your name, but swiped your story and posted it on my FB page as a tale for all to enjoy, because it was so sweet/so country/such a good dad story, from a rancher dad! :)

Your kids are going to treasure these memories like I do of my dad. :heart: Great dads are the best gift in the world ,especially to little girls. You guys may not know just how much it means to us to have you take the time and share things that mean something to you ,as well as the things that mean something to us .

Great story Tn ... :)

hillsdown":2754lqee said:
Your kids are going to treasure these memories like I do of my dad. :heart: Great dads are the best gift in the world ,especially to little girls. You guys may not know just how much it means to us to have you take the time and share things that mean something to you ,as well as the things that mean something to us .

Great story Tn ... :)

My dad took us fishing, hunting, taught us how to drive a nail and run a drill, and THINK. He's a retired pharmacist, and said he learned to fix a washer and dryer and set up a wall tent as part of "college education," while he worked at NDSU on the farm to help pay for his education, living in a (what are those silver trailers that are now classics?), and my first bed was in a dresser drawer in that trailer. The folks discovered that trailer some years later, in a MH park in Miles City, MT. He is now nearly blind at nearly 80 (macular degeneration), but undaunted and sharp as a tack -- works with blind vets and a state blind org group, writes grants, gets enhanced computer equipment for those groups. Mom (retired RN) drives all of them to their activities, and both also work with St. Vincent D'Paul, assisting with housing and needs for disadvantaged people. They are my heroes! :heart:

Great story TN thanks for sharing.

me and my husband went to visit with our daughter and granddaughter last week, and we went to see her at her swimming class, as we walked in she went over to her teacher and said, 'hello, this is my nanny and grandad, they've come to watch me swim, is that OK' she is only 2, we had a lovely time at the pool. Cherish every moment as they make great memories.

Latest posts