ladies will like this one

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
I took my 8 yr. old (girl) and 5 yr. old (boy) with me yesterday to pick up one of my friend's bulls from the bull test that was DQed for some reason. Anyway, while we're at the big barn that is housing around 100 bulls waiting on my friend to walk the bull down from the other end my 8 yr. pulls out some fingernail polish and says: "Daddy I brought this because I thought you would have time to paint my nails" I said sure thing and sat her on one of the cattle loading ramps and painted away. Got her nails done and they dried quickly in the wind, she immediately starting jumping in the leaves with her brother by jumping off the cattle loading chute. It was just a beautiful picture for me to see her still be a little girl and play in the leaves around the farm smells and not care but also want to be pretty with her nails. Just a daddy sharing...that's all.

Curled my little girls hair for First day of school when she started first grade. Mom worked 3rd shift as a nurse., It took extra time but I got better at it over the year! Miss those days now she is 26 married and well I am happy she is happy!

Precious moments to be cherished. Funny thing happened when my youngest daughter was in kindergarten....came home from school one day and I asked her "What did you have for lunch today". She replied "Beans". I said what kind of beans??? Are you ready for this?? She answered "Porkin". To this day I call her "Porkin" when messing around with her.

tncattle":3egerjhh said:
It was just a beautiful picture for me to see her still be a little girl and play in the leaves around the farm smells and not care but also want to be pretty with her nails. Just a daddy sharing...that's all.

Thanks tncattle for sharing that story. You are a real man and a real father. Keep up the good work.

TexasBred":2t27t66n said:
Precious moments to be cherished. Funny thing happened when my youngest daughter was in kindergarten....came home from school one day and I asked her "What did you have for lunch today". She replied "Beans". I said what kind of beans??? Are you ready for this?? She answered "Porkin". To this day I call her "Porkin" when messing around with her.
:lol: :lol:

From an early age I decided I would never marry nor have children, it is stories like this that make me regret it at times. Thanks for sharing that moment :D

Men who have daughters are beyond lucky. Your son will figure out, in time, that you are an idiot. Your daughter will always love you, though she may so "OH, daddy" from time to time when you are being an idiot.
Good story.

We also have a 3 yr. old girl and 1 yr. old boy. Might have more if I can talk the wife into it-- ;-)

Nothing sweeter than little girls. Thanks for sharing. What a priviledge we have in teaching them what a man is suposed to be like...
My girl(age 6) saw that my wife had gone to bed without making a lunchbox for me(I work early mornings) so she got up and put one together for me herself complete with a love-note that had a picture of a cow on it. I had a really S%$##@ day that day but I didn't care... She'd already made it better before I even left the house.

cow pollinater":25dbmy7s said:
Nothing sweeter than little girls. Thanks for sharing. What a priviledge we have in teaching them what a man is suposed to be like...
My girl(age 6) saw that my wife had gone to bed without making a lunchbox for me(I work early mornings) so she got up and put one together for me herself complete with a love-note that had a picture of a cow on it. I had a really S%$##@ day that day but I didn't care... She'd already made it better before I even left the house.

That's a real good girl!

Whew, this got me all emotional....thinking about so many wonderful memories. My Dad would have been 95 this month. I sure miss him. He was my hero. I remember when my Mom went to be with one of her sisters that was having a baby and Dad was in charge of the house and getting me (age 6) ready for school which included doing something with my hair. He struggled and struggled trying to make a pony tail! It was a bit crooked but the job got done. Your little girl will cherish every memory you make with her.

Latest posts