kubota

Help Support CattleToday:

cagle520":2zeq9iej said:
Thinking of buying a new M7040 tractor. Any pros or cons
If you're going to get it with a loader I would get the cast iron disk for the rear wheels for extra weight and it will help get your hp to the ground.

Fitz

Just picked up a new Kubota M95SDSC C1 two weeks ago, to this point I am very happy with the purchase. I also recommend the Cast Rear Wheels when getting a Loader.

If you are planning on using the loader alot or working up some land I would also suggest wheel weights and water in the tires. It will act like a whole different tractor.

Buddy has a Mahindra dealership, which is Kubota drivetrain and wiring with a Mahindra motor and body pannels. Those tractors are very light and the Mahindra motors weigh more than the Kubota motors

Good Luck.

On my L39 Kubota backhoe, when the hoe is off, even with the rear tires loaded I can stand that tractor on its nose with the loader in a heartbeat. I formed a block of concrete, 2 1/2 feet square and hook it to the 3 pt hitch. Cheaper than adding cast iron to the rear wheels.

I bought a 7040 late last year. I could not be happier with the tractor.

Here is a picture of it working last month

img-2343_large.jpg

cagle520":2kor6m74 said:
Thinking of buying a new M7040 tractor. Any pros or cons

We have a Kubota, a John Deere, and an Agco tractor, but it is the Kubota's that are fought over(tractor, as well as our ATV). Mom balks at raking hay unless she has the Kubota because it is so easy for her to handle, see what's going on with the rake, and rides good(important factor for her due to back surgery a while back), but Dad needs it during summer months to load out hay because it is so easy to put the 10-pack on, front end hydraulics, and manuverability(sp?). It's easy to handle, easy to drive, easy to learn how to drive, nothing temperamental about it, versatile, the quick hitch makes it very easy to attach a variety of implements, front hydralics make it ideal for the 10-pack or just a bucket and grapple hooks, just a very good all-around type of tractor that allows you to get done whatever it is you need to get done - regardless of the size you need to do that.

Nowland - A cab on a tractor!?!?!? I thought those warm days in the south were always breezy with low humidity, couldn't imagine that you wouldn't want to be on an open tractor!
Seriously though - how much does the cab impact your being able to see around.

Bullbuyer":wa49jujx said:
Nowland - A cab on a tractor!?!?!? I thought those warm days in the south were always breezy with low humidity, couldn't imagine that you wouldn't want to be on an open tractor!

Heck BB, I read where MikeC was talking about A/C in the cab too. What's up? Do we have wimpy farmers these days? :lol:

flaboy?":29tir1ki said:
Bullbuyer":29tir1ki said:

Heck BB, I read where MikeC was talking about A/C in the cab too. What's up? Do we have wimpy farmers these days? :lol:

If a cab with A/C takes a wimp, then I am one.

I could not possibly sit for 14 hours a day on a tractor without it.

The only restriction a cab gives you is the ability to stand up now and then to stretch your legs. But then again, a open top restricts that too!

I have to admit this. Two summers ago I was out baling hay with my convertible tractor. You know the one without a cab :lol: Anyway it was about 1PM, 100 degrees, and 95% humidity. I felt the old bear sneaking up on me but I kept going. Pretty soon I thought to myself if I pass out and fall off of this thing it is really going to hurt to get baled up.

This field had no tree's so I finally got off and went and climbed under a bush for some shade. After about an hour I felt better and went back at it.

Last Sept. I went and bought a new kubota 95 horse with cab and air. It also has a loader. I love it. With the old tractor i would run it about 100 hours a year. This new one has over 200 already. I just wish i had done it sooner.

The farm across from mine just bought a Kubota M9000 mudder (I believe that's what it's called)...and that guy loves that tractor...he takes it through mud holes that I wouldn't even think about going through...and he hasn't got stuck in it yet

Nowland Farms":3pg549vj said:
I bought a 7040 late last year. I could not be happier with the tractor.

Here is a picture of it working last month

img-2343_large.jpg
I priced this tractor today as yours is equipped. $36000. How does this compare with price of your tractor.

Bullbuyer":wv19uezd said:

With the wind out of the south, me plowing north, I can see much better without all the mud in my eyes from the dust and sand going into them. The A/C does not work in the cab but the fan does. When I turn south again I open the windows. Cabs are great.

Helps to see big time! Your eyes don't get full of dust and pollen and swelled shut.

You are much more comfortable and aware of what's going on and for sure it's safer. It's hard to fall out of a cab.

But you do need to rinse the windows off from time to time.

Latest posts