Kubota Trouble

Help Support CattleToday:

AndyL

Reaction score
Shuttle shift on M4900 won't shift right. Won't go in forward. Neutral is reverse. Anybody with info/experience.

This is my brothers tractor and he's in the middle of a custom job. If it's not a simple fix, I'll have to go bale. Which is no problem, just might not be as profitable.

Does it seem to move properly? I have seen some tractors have a roll pin shear in some linkage arms.

Sounds like some adjustment bolt on the linkage has slipped and all the action is too far one way. I am sure if you had a good look at it you would see where the problem was.
Ken

Just had a talk with him. Said when you go forward it like jams. It hits the neutral switch so that tractor will start.When it's in neutral it's in rev. I think it's gonna go to the shop. Doesn't appear to be above the gear housing.

highgrit":2ob6k32z said:
AndyL, you might PM Greybeard first he knows a lot about Kubota tractors.

Ok, thanks. Will do that. But I think it's going in the shop. It's looking internal from checking it from the replys.

His Uncle loaned him his tractor, so looks like I don't have to haul mine there and do the baling.

Hopefully, my radiator and fan and hyd coupling will be here tomorrow and I put mine back together. Got hay to put in barn.

Thanks to all who replied.

PM replied to Andy.
Either a valve is stuck in the valve body, not releasing the fluid in the rev disc pack, it has a frozen synchronizer on the big shaft, or clutch pack is seized together for some reason. There is some linkage that can get out of adjustment but since the shuttle lever appears to be moving everything and it stalls when put in the fwd position, that indicates it is trying to go into fwd when it is internally stuck in reverse--trying to go in 2 directions at the same time by engaging the fwd clutches when the reverse pack is still engaged, either hydraulically or physically.
Pretty much a shop job unless one is real adventuresome, especially if it's a cab tractor.

greybeard":2thrwwu1 said:
PM replied to Andy.
Either a valve is stuck in the valve body, not releasing the fluid in the rev disc pack, it has a frozen synchronizer on the big shaft, or clutch pack is seized together for some reason. There is some linkage that can get out of adjustment but since the shuttle lever appears to be moving everything and it stalls when put in the fwd position, that indicates it is trying to go into fwd when it is internally stuck in reverse--trying to go in 2 directions at the same time by engaging the fwd clutches when the reverse pack is still engaged, either hydraulically or physically.
Pretty much a shop job unless one is real adventuresome, especially if it's a cab tractor.

Seems I just read this somewhere. :nod: Thanks graybeard. It's an open station, but it's going in the shop. That's over our head.

Latest posts