kubota tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Kubota mx5000 tractor, and thinking about installing a power inverter to operate electric tools needed around the farm, has anyone done this?

You need 100+ amps to run many tools with an inverter. That tractor probably has a 50-60 amp alternator.

It can be done, the inverter runs off the battery and the alternator charges the battery... so prolonged use will drag down the battery. But wouldn't it make more sense to have chordless tools? Probably cheaper too.

Thank you, Altimm693, jltrent and Silver. I have battery powered drills, saw and generator. I have a Husky 455 Rancher chain saw, I also have severe RA, and not enough strength to start my Husky. I have a small electric powered chain saw that is light weight and power cords to trim around my house with ease. I have a 1/2 mile driveway from the paved road to my home. The drive way has many small trees along the fence line that I have to prune often so they will grow and look nice, like someone really cares. I thought maybe I could install the Inverter to my Kubota and it would supply ample power for the electric chain saw. Getting old is hell, can't find anyone that wants to do a good job on anything for $10. per hour cash. Just looking for a solution to maintain my ability to be independent. Thank you everyone, Tom Kerley.

kerley said:
Thank you, Altimm693, jltrent and Silver. I have battery powered drills, saw and generator. I have a Husky 455 Rancher chain saw, I also have severe RA, and not enough strength to start my Husky. I have a small electric powered chain saw that is light weight and power cords to trim around my house with ease. I have a 1/2 mile driveway from the paved road to my home. The drive way has many small trees along the fence line that I have to prune often so they will grow and look nice, like someone really cares. I thought maybe I could install the Inverter to my Kubota and it would supply ample power for the electric chain saw. Getting old is be nice, can't find anyone that wants to do a good job on anything for $10. per hour cash. Just looking for a solution to maintain my ability to be independent. Thank you everyone, Tom Kerley.

For the price of a good inverter, wiring, etc. you could just about buy one of those new Stihl cordless chainsaws.

Stihl also has some smaller saws with an easy start setup. Its sorta like pulling on a bungee cord.

Atimm693 said:
kerley said:
Thank you, Altimm693, jltrent and Silver. I have battery powered drills, saw and generator. I have a Husky 455 Rancher chain saw, I also have severe RA, and not enough strength to start my Husky. I have a small electric powered chain saw that is light weight and power cords to trim around my house with ease. I have a 1/2 mile driveway from the paved road to my home. The drive way has many small trees along the fence line that I have to prune often so they will grow and look nice, like someone really cares. I thought maybe I could install the Inverter to my Kubota and it would supply ample power for the electric chain saw. Getting old is be nice, can't find anyone that wants to do a good job on anything for $10. per hour cash. Just looking for a solution to maintain my ability to be independent. Thank you everyone, Tom Kerley.

For the price of a good inverter, wiring, etc. you could just about buy one of those new Stihl cordless chainsaws.

Stihl also has some smaller saws with an easy start setup. Its sorta like pulling on a bungee cord.
I got one of those cordless chainsaws, when you're born in the NW one comes with your first blanket and binky. My runs on 40/1 gas mix and starts on the first pull.

They do make some really good cordless chainsaws now. My dad's 74 year old girlfriend (also with RA) uses one all summer going over fence lines.
The best part about cordless chainsaws is the no pull cord part.

This little saw is one if not my favorite for what it is for... It weighs 5 pounds,very easy to start and cuts surprising well. The Husqvarna 455 is a fairly heavy saw.

https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws/CS-2511T

images

Atimm693 said:
kerley said:

Thank you, Altimm693, I will look into the Stihl, it might be the best solution for my problem.

Latest posts