Kubota 900 RTV help

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75

Reaction score
hey i have this newer kubota RTV X900.. its not even a year old.

ever since new it doesn't have any power. won't climb a hill. read some stuff about adjust the valve for the transmission. I can't find this valve.

anyone know where its at or have any other ideas? It's still under warranty but I don't want to do 2 round trip 2 hour drives for it.

I'm no help but I'd bring it in for warranty and have it serviced at the same time. Have you cleaned the spark arrestor in the muffler, and changed the fuel and air filter? We have a 1140RTV and when it loses power it'll be one of those 3 things.

i think the spark arrestor is all built in now but i'll check it out. I cleaned the air filter and it looked brand new before i even cleaned it. I have a fuel filter but I doubt its the fuel because 1. It's been like this since new and 2. I have a fuel tank w/ filters on it so nothing should be getting in it.

I am in Low gear and it almost makes no difference between low and high gears.

For some reason reverse seems to have power.

I know nothing about a Kubota RTV, but could there be a relief valve for the hydrostat turned on somewhere :?:

I ran my new Cub Cadet zero turn mower for 10 hours before i figured out the relief valves on the hydro were open. I had never touched them so whoever set it up at the store must have left it that way.

I was thinking there was something wrong with it before I thought to check the relief valves. On the CC there is a valve for each wheel at the rear of the machine. Barely could climb a moderate incline that was no problem with my other CC, and steep places were out of the question.

The relief valves are there on the mower so you can push it around by hand if/when necessary.

i'll check everything out. I don't think the ebrake is sticking.. it'll about die if its on and i try to go. I did clean undo the spark arrestor bolt and it did make a slight difference.. but something is still really wrong. so gonna take it in next week. i'll keep you guys updated.

thanks.

Probably needs the charge pressure properly set, somewhere about 70PSI. Also look at the throttle linkage for the engine and hydro.

Hi, The valve for the transmission is on top and all the way back. If you have hyd. dump it might be under the hyd. oil tank. It takes an allen wrench to take the plug out, then you will need a magnet to get the spring and the valve out. Hope this helps you out.

Latest posts