Kneeling in the NFL

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterlingacres":2mmrdc2y said:
Season ticket holder snapchatted a couple sitting during anthem in Detroit last week, they captioned the pic with a less than PC depiction of the couple...dewd was asked to quit coming to stadium, he alegedly gladly gave up his season tix...

Culture war is raging

It's the fact that he used racist terms. Had he said "These people weren't standing" it probably would have been ok. If you want to call people not enjoying racist terms a "culture war" go for it, the 1st Amendment protects your right like it protects the rights of those sitting.

You are also a culture warrior.

1st doesnt protect anybody at a stadium from the snapchatt nor does it protect the fookun sitters from comment, rayciss or otherwise.

Its their right to kneel it is my right to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket as of this morning.
The Ravens and Tampa should have to forfeit their seasons.
It is one thing to show your butt at home another at companies.

We need to protest all these millionaires salaries.
The NFL should apply Affirmative Action and fire about 80% of the league to get it more representative of our population.

I bet the peeing and moaning would come to a screeching haunt.

The same NFL that supports "individual freedom of expression" for their players refused to allow Tim Tebow to kneel in prayer or the Dallas Cowboys to wear a tiny helmet sticker honoring five slain police officers.

Just like the gas station breakfast biscuits.....they have the right to kneel, but we don't have to consume that which we find offensive. Professional sports is in a bubble worse than the sub prime lending market in 2007.

Caustic Burno":1d0wo9bo said:
Its their right to kneel it is my right to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket as of this morning.
The Ravens and Tampa should have to forfeit their seasons.
It is one thing to show your butt at home another at companies.

The NFL should apply Affirmative Action and fire about 80% of the league to get it more representative of our population.

I'm right there with you. I had stopped watching NFL completely, tuned into watch some NFL pregame talk show this am and immediately remembered why I gave up the NFL. The NFL(like ESPN) has forgotten what had made it such a success; namely, the average viewer tunes into watch football as a temporary, pleasant distraction from the demands of their day to day life. The average person doesn't relate to any of these high paid athletes and they sure as heck aren't role models to any of my children. 70% of NFL athletes are black. I didn't know that until this morning(thanks to some idiots who fancy themselves social commentators) nor did I ever care. I just enjoyed watching high level athletes compete at a game I love. I sure don't tune into receive a history lesson, direction in morality or social issues. But now, the 'platform' has been 'established.' I know plenty of folks didn't care for POTUS commentary, but truth be told, he gave the NFL owners some solid business advice. His right to speak out is just as relevant as the NFL players right to protest. And he has an even bigger platform possibly. Freedom of speech until someone says something we don't like...one of the biggest problems in this country. Who could have dreamed that one of the greatest rights we have would be the one that destroys us from the inside...extremism reigns, moderates and balance disappear and the chasm that seperates continues to grow.

slick4591":i8nj9r1g said:
The same NFL that supports "individual freedom of expression" for their players refused to allow Tim Tebow to kneel in prayer or the Dallas Cowboys to wear a tiny helmet sticker honoring five slain police officers.

Exactly. I have stayed out of the right or wrong of the kneeling but the NFL is the is not enforcing its own rules on this. They are the hypocrites in this whole deal which makes it appear they support the kneeling.

Would be watching football right now normally, oh well not anymore. Go Texans at least they have guts, no glory but guts.

I bet the peeing and moaning would come to a screeching haunt.[/quote]

True words there my friend, now how do we get that point across?

Brute 23":l9huipdv said:
slick4591":l9huipdv said:

Exactly. I have stayed out of the right or wrong of the kneeling but the NFL is the is not enforcing its own rules on this. They are the hypocrites in this whole deal which makes it appear they support the kneeling.

Tebow was a white Christian two things the liberal media hates.

let's all kneel for 'injustice' and 'equality'

what in the @)(()$ does that mean? retards spouting nonsense.. go to the 90% nonwhite countries and see how well off they are..

SmokinM":1mg2vxzu said:

True words there my friend, now how do we get that point across?[/quote]

exactly :lol2: :lol2:

you have to spend 90% of your salary on charity // non profit .. you know.. to be fair.. and EQUAL..

SmokinM":v37sezwd said:

True words there my friend, now how do we get that point across?[/quote]

Hopefully they will start having more and more empty seats. Ive been a Titans fan, but I'm done watching them or anyone else in the NFL now since they didn't come out for the national anthem today. If college football starts doing the same I'll quit watching it too.

Not sure why my quote part didn't work but CB wrote the original part of that. Don't want to get credit for his wise words. I just agreed that that was the truth.

Respect is respect, period. That is what the anthem is about,a lot have died to give you the right to protest. Don't disrespect their ultimate sacrifice with what little you are doing for your own cause. There is a time and place for everything, that ain't it! If this place is so bad all it takes is a passport and a plane ticket to leave. Thanks to the good job you have here you can afford both, see ya.

CB, you said "Tebow was a white Christian two things the liberal media hates."

He still is! And the media still tries to find anything they can to put him down. Especially when he first went to play baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts