kind of hate to see it go

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
sold out !
closing in a couple weeks
this was to be my retirement ranch, but the drought changed that.
now i get to start all over. :shock:

lonesomedove006.jpg

w475h35612.jpg

w475h35613.jpg

lonesomedovenew014.jpg

lonesomedovenew029.jpg

lonesomedove7004.jpg

WOW !! I feel for you , we started over after selling the dairy in 1999. Mr HD started a new and completely different career, which he loves and is really good at and I focused more on cattle ,beef cattle . Which I love and hope I am pretty good at it . ;-) Then in 2009 I sold 2/3rd of my beef herd because of the drought and started all over again. Today, 2 years later my herd has never been better. I am smarter and make better choices as well because of what we have been through .

I hope that you are presented with many opportunities and exciting things to come . Best of luck to you and your family ,I have faith it will all work out. :tiphat:

Hopefully you find a better place.. i thought about buying a place south of san Antonio and building a deer hunting ranch ... Maybe run a few cows .. deer hunting is where the money is ...

So sorry to hear that Cross, it looks a nice place I can see why you hate to go...Good Luck in all you do and I hope all goes well for you...

well we have not decided on what/where we are going to do.
i'm really thinking about oklahoma, just not sure where yet. i spent two weeks a month in western oklahoma and really like it but i'm thinking east of i-35 would be better.
my wife wants to stay around lubbock and there is a nice little place for sale but he has it priced like it's the texas hill country and i sold a place there last year to buy this place so i'm not really wanting to go back.

i told my wife when we met she was a hot 22 yr old and i was broke and didn't own anything but she would go anywhere i decided, but now she doesn't want to move anywhere, so maybe i need to trade her in for another hot 22 yr old.
she said go ahead and she would guarantee it would be just like when we met..i'd be broke and didn't own anything. :D

Come on over here n Central Texas Cross....don't know what line of work you're in but if it's in Texas at least you'll have a central location and just a quick shot up I-35 to Oklahoma.

TexasBred":3fmarlkg said:
Come on over here n Central Texas Cross....don't know what line of work you're in but if it's in Texas at least you'll have a central location and just a quick shot up I-35 to Oklahoma.

the other two weeks of the month that i'm not in oklahoma i spend in north texas west of i-35.
i like the gainesville/ muenster area but it's a little crowded for me and then there is the land prices due to the proximity of the metroplex

chrisy":2nhu8ltd said:
cross your wife seems one switched on lady...taking up with another 22 year old would leave you broke in more ways than one.. ;-)

she knows i'm all bark and no bite :D

Sorry to hear that you seem to have hit a spot where things are not turning out the way you planned. You are always welcome in Ohio, lot of hill country here perfect for running cattle, lot of flat land with deep dirt perfect for crop farming, and everything in between. What ever you decide my prayers are with you.

Larry

"You are younger today than you ever will be again. Make use of it." Anonymous

Good luck Cross, don't look back ;-) .

alisonb":2qwc1hc1 said:
"You are younger today than you ever will be again. Make use of it." Anonymous

Good luck Cross, don't look back ;-) .
The other anonymous guy said "you've never been older than you are today".

cross_7":15n2xy9h said:
TexasBred":15n2xy9h said:

the other two weeks of the month that i'm not in oklahoma i spend in north texas west of i-35.
i like the gainesville/ muenster area but it's a little crowded for me and then there is the land prices due to the proximity of the metroplex
Muenster??? Crowded?? You are a loner arent' you. :lol2: Some pretty country up that way tho. Hope you find something affordable and functional soon.

That first photo you posted is really pretty. Sounds as if you are very sad about this, but another door will open, and just think of all the experience you've gotten and how much you've learned.

We'll look forward to hearing about your new place when you find it and, of course, seeing photos! Best of luck to you!

Gale Seddon":35wjys3d said:
That first photo you posted is really pretty. Sounds as if you are very sad about this, but another door will open, and just think of all the experience you've gotten and how much you've learned.

We'll look forward to hearing about your new place when you find it and, of course, seeing photos! Best of luck to you!

thanks, but it's not like that.
i come out all right on this deal.
i bought this place to retire on in a few years but after a summer of 115 degree heat and less than 2" of rain in a years time made me realize that this is not the place i want to retire to.
so i'll keep looking and may trade several more places before i'm done.

Latest posts