Kids jeans question

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
My son has out grown "kids" jeans. He was until recently wearing a 16 slim fit wrangler. Evidently that is the largest "kid" jeans. The smallest adult jeans in wrangler are a 28 x 30. We can have them hemmed and tapered. That's not the problem. The problem is they are huge in thigh. No body seems to have any no longer a boy, not yet a man Jean. What web site do I need to go to, or what brand of Jean do I need to switch to? He would much prefer to stay with wrangler jeans if he can. I picked up a couple pair of Walmart jeans the other day. They look awful. I like to dress him starched wranglers. It's old fashioned, but it's what I do. ------------Side note, my wife and I had a fallin out about jeans years ago, and now I have to do all the Jean shopping.

Order directly from Wrangler. They do make an 18 and the adult sizes will go a little smaller but you can't find them in stores.
Side note, I found that out after after my wife told me to buy my own #$%^in' jeans. Turns out they DO make 35 inch waists but I'm covered if I have any weight fluctuations in the future.

Thanks. I had no idea you could order straight from wrangler. I'll check it out right now.

You can also get Wranglers in 1/2 sizes. You won't find them on the shelf in Walmart tho--a good Western store or order direct.

Bigfoot":29avyuwi said:
My son has out grown "kids" jeans. He was until recently wearing a 16 slim fit wrangler. Evidently that is the largest "kid" jeans. The smallest adult jeans in wrangler are a 28 x 30. We can have them hemmed and tapered. That's not the problem. The problem is they are huge in thigh. No body seems to have any no longer a boy, not yet a man Jean. What web site do I need to go to, or what brand of Jean do I need to switch to? He would much prefer to stay with wrangler jeans if he can. I picked up a couple pair of Walmart jeans the other day. They look awful. I like to dress him starched wranglers. It's old fashioned, but it's what I do. ------------Side note, my wife and I had a fallin out about jeans years ago, and now I have to do all the Jean shopping.

Our son was a normal, "fit" size and had problems too. The manufacturers are now assuming the whole country is a bunch of lard-a's and even the kids' jeans are too roomy for what would have been considered a normal kid a generation ago...Try looking for a pair of adult jeans at Costco--they start at XL and go up to 4XL.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to order-------18 slim, 18 regular, and 28 slim fit. Dang kids to grow so fast, they come to you one morning before school, and say their jeans are tight, then two days later they don't fit at all.

I would buy our son's jeans longer than needed then I would hem our son's jeans this way because he was a string bean. His jeans would be high waters before you knew it. It was easy to let them out when they became too short.

684sio.jpg

Latest posts