KCF Bennett R294- hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

mattnoll

Reaction score
I have been watching this ABS Hereford bull for a few years now. I have a very good heifer by him that I am keeping for a cow. This bulls numbers continue to get better all the time. He is a high maternal bull, that should produce heifers. He has stayed negative for birthweight and his growth numbers keep improving. His picture isn't very flattering, but I'm wondering why he isn't talked about more. I know some on here don't care for him. I haven't seen any pictures of his offspring other than mine. His semen is cheaper than most at $18. Any thoughts on this bull? ?

I won't be able to help much. I am keeping an eye out for R294. I wonder if anyone or you has used him AND the Victor 719t bull. I have a heifer that is going to calve to 719t in 2 weeks.

I am using Domino 3027 for BW next year because of his accuracy and him being known as a female maker.

Definately interested in people's thoughts also.

My heifer from him is deep and broody and plenty thick. Looks like she will be moderate framed. She isnormal coloring, with eye and udder pigment. She has done exactly as her numbers says she should so far... born small (62) weaned a little above average and really turned it on as a yearling..
I also have several cows AI'd to Domino 3027. Trying to raise better cows and increase the maternal in my small herd. Hope it works. Have all polled cows with polled backgrounds...waiting to see how many horns I get...

Out of Red Angus cows we've never gotten anything but bulls. In the past couple of years 2 of his sons went to the county fairs and did well. Another of his sons will be going this year.

We have recently purchased a heifer out of 719T and are anxious to see how she will turn out. Anyone out there with thoughts on his offspring?

I am also interested to hear about R294. As far as victor I have seen a few of his daughters and they were very good heifers with deep body and good growth. This spring I think one of my neighbors has a lot of calves due that are sired by him and I am looking forward to seeing them.

showmomof2":2hnl62cm said:
We have recently purchased a heifer out of 719T and are anxious to see how she will turn out. Anyone out there with thoughts on his offspring?
I used 719T on a couple of Back n Time daughters clicked very well got a hfr prospect a young lady will be draggin around mid-MO and a steer that had tremendous growth to weaning have been looking at a couple 719T sons to use also as well as DAD his self DFF

Latest posts