Kawasaki mule

Help Support CattleToday:

Jim62

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Kawasaki mule 4010 to replace my Cub Cadet POS with. According to the specs on the suspension, rear wheel travel is 2.8" and front wheel travel is 3.9". This sure seems to be very little travel for a vehicle to be used on rough terrain. Does this cause any problems? Or am I not understanding what they're saying?

Any comments (good or bad) are appreciated.

Hasn;t caused me anyproblems except when the wife backed one into a 3 foot ditch and the hitch hung up on the other side. Do a search for mule on the boards, there are a goodly number of threads concerning them.

It doesn't cause me problem either but I am not rock crawling with it. The Mule is great but its not the most flexable in rough terrain. It is more for hauling heavy loads as compared to other RUVs who are more flexable but have less pay-loads.

Thank you both. Almost all of my use will be just on pasture conditions, with no big dips or bumps etc..

I did the search, and there is a load of good info on here. Sounds like the mule is just what I need.

Jim62":1smyyjdu said:
Sounds like the mule is just what I need.

Hard to go wrong unless you have a lousey service dealer. If you get the 4010 and it starts giving you problems idling or starting, pm me and I'll tell you the quickly fix.

Got the mule yestiddy. Already put almost 1 1/2 hours on it. Very smooth and amazingly quiet . No problems so far.

The '09 model has fuel injection and power steering. I didn't know what I was missing.

Congrats! :D

With a little maintenance they will last a long time with few problems.

Change your fuel filters regularly, blow out you belt housing regularly, check CV boots, ect. Most problems people complain about are from neglected maintenance.

I have a two year old 3210 diesel. I love it except for two things. The fuel gage is under the passenger seat. This has caused me to run out of fuel several times. Totally my fault but it would be nice to have the fuel gage in front of the driver. The other problem I've had is getting a wrench on the oil filter. I finally had to settle for tightening it by hand. No problems so far.

Brute 23":3ho2lyap said:
I have the same year model. :D The gas gauge is a hassel. On the oil filter I CAREFULLY use a pipe wrench to take it off and it only needs to be hand tight when it goes on.

Here's a real stinker problem with the gas gauge. I had some gas left over that had drygas in it. Ran it through the mule and the gas gauge quit working. Took it out and found that the white plastic liner part that the needle swings through had gotten distorted.

Latest posts