Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Saw some e-net chatter about the "new mules" a while back. Guy I work for was looking for another one so I stopped by the local dealer to check them out about a month ago. Picked up mine Saturday. :D

Go check these things out. They are the perfect mix of comfort, work, and play IMO.

I picked it up after dark Saturday and took it hunting Sunday morning... didn't even unload it off the trailer. Straight out the box we put 4 grown men avg #275 in it with like 8 dogs in the bed. It really wet down here so it was running in water the majority of the time. Crossed a couple creeks with water over the floor boards. Hit a really soft, sand spot. We all bailed out and I hit the gas with a stick. It got right back on top and we jumped in and took off again. Really comfortable and plenty of power.

thanks for the review.. i really want to check out the new models.
did you get the diesel version?

I got the gas one. The more I drive it the more I like it.

Im not one for frills and thrills but when you get that power steering its worth every penny. I was feeding heifers the other day and wheeling around in the barn or the pens is soo much easier. I put out round bales for the heifers in the pens with a bale buggy and the mule.... backing up is much easier.

Power steering and fuel injection is amazing.

Ive got the regular mule and it has always served me well but I would do anything for that power steering....mainly for my wife, she drives it more than me and she has rheumatoid arthrities and it can get hard for her at slow speeds. That pro version does look like a great combo of work and play.

Its a much more cushy ride than the 3010 or 4010.

We hunted two 10K ac places the past two weekends. Its usually 6-8hrs of driving through the most rooted up creeks, bottoms, and pastures on the property. It didn't wear on us near as bad.

You can fit a full size pallet with room to spare in the bed with it in 2 person mode. Think its rated for #1000 in the bed and to pull #2000.

When I saw it the first thing I thought was the door have to go. After having it 2 weeks I like them. Keeps a lot of the mud, manure, and brush off your legs. You can put stuff in the back seat or on the floor boards and not have to worry about it flying out.

The 4010 have Fuel Injection and Power Steering now also.

Besides being only 3WD and a little to loud there nice machines. One other thing, the windshield leaks really bad when you're trying to get home in a rain storm.

Yes they have. Nice digital read out on a screen. Has MPH (45mph top speed), A & B trip odo, hrs, a clock, and a fuel gauge.

Oh ya, with 4 big guys riding and dogs hunting in about 6 hrs, a lot of driving, it only dropped one bar on the fuel gauge. It gets great millage.

Brute 23":2efrj30v said:
Yes they have. Nice digital read out on a screen. Has MPH (45mph top speed), A & B trip odo, hrs, a clock, and a fuel gauge.

Oh ya, with 4 big guys riding and dogs hunting in about 6 hrs, a lot of driving, it only dropped one bar on the fuel gauge. It gets great millage.
That great mileage is what always gets me in trouble with ours without the gauge other then the one directly on the tank. The seem to run forever on a tank so I forget to check it.

True Grit Farms":1jr05ino said:
Besides being only 3WD and a little to loud there nice machines. One other thing, the windshield leaks really bad when you're trying to get home in a rain storm.

Ya they don't have a locker on the front. That suites me just fine though. Every thing I have every had with a locker on the front it just caused problems. You can't turn with it so it may get you out of a jam but if you can't get it unlocked... its a long miserable day trying to get home. Id prefer just have my winch ready. If its that bad Ill winch through it and go on. I'm sure if you are hardcore and need a locker you can buy it after market.

Loud? Really. Compared to what? I hunted with a Polaris and Kubota this past weekend and it didn't seem to be any louder than them.

dun":2yrdalvf said:
Brute 23":2yrdalvf said:

That great mileage is what always gets me in trouble with ours without the gauge other then the one directly on the tank. The seem to run forever on a tank so I forget to check it.

Yup been there too.

Brute 23":21d0088z said:
True Grit Farms":21d0088z said:

Ya they don't have a locker on the front. That suites me just fine though. Every thing I have every had with a locker on the front it just caused problems. You can't turn with it so it may get you out of a jam but if you can't get it unlocked... its a long miserable day trying to get home. Id prefer just have my winch ready. If its that bad Ill winch through it and go on. I'm sure if you are hardcore and need a locker you can buy it after market.

Loud? Really. Compared to what? I hunted with a Polaris and Kubota this past weekend and it didn't seem to be any louder than them.
They don;t have the selective locker and 4wd now? Although I can;t think of anytime that I've used the locker on any of them I've had.

Yes they have a locker on the rear like they have always had. It and the 4wd are switches now and you can switch on the fly.

They don't have lockers on the front to give you true 4wd. I'm not aware of any of the other brands having it either. The Honda Pioneer might but it's more comparable to Kawies Terex, which does have a front locker, I believe.

Loud? Really. Compared to what? I hunted with a Polaris and Kubota this past weekend and it didn't seem to be any louder than them.[/quote]
It seems to be almost as loud as our diesel Kubota. I use a Samurai as my hunting atv, I have it sound proofed and you'll see me before you'll hear me. I can't believe how nice the ride is on new Mule pro. I believe there a good rig.

True Grit Farms":1t8aih09 said:
It seems to be almost as loud as our diesel Kubota. I use a Samurai as my hunting atv, I have it sound proofed and you'll see me before you'll hear me. I can't believe how nice the ride is on new Mule pro. I believe there a good rig.[/quote]

If any of you close by are interested in a well kept Kubota diesel.... My neighbor told me today he wants to get rid of his. It has the "cab kit" but he's upgrading to the one with full heat/Ac.

Finally got an action shot today.

Mule_zpsewvm1iim.jpg

Latest posts