Pro-team Auction Saturday.........

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry said:
jltrent said:
Maybe a local guy with a plasma cutter and a heck of an imagination making these. I hope he can come out on these as I have seen them there before, simular. I believe they will take anything of valve, looks like, as from what I can tell the buyers premium has been upped to 12%...

Does that mean they are charging a 12% buyers premium plus a 12% internet premium? I won't be there. I think it is now 70% chance of rain. I was going to bid on a couple of things, but not if there is a 24% premium.

They sent me a brochure and I look at the terms on it as I can't find them on their website, but they maybe there.

It says 10% buyers premium onsite purchase (have to be there and bid in person) or 12% buyers premium if you buy it online. Extra 2% to buy online, over in person.

Buyer's premiums makes it harder to not overpay for things. 10% really adds up on big ticket items.

A.J. said:
Buyer's premiums makes it harder to not overpay for things. 10% really adds up on big ticket items.

I was bidding on a rotary cutter a couple of weeks ago. I think that someone that was there when I inspected it saw me and decided to bid. At the end I calculated the cost plus the 10% plus the cost of repairs and it just was not worth it. I decided to let it go.

If you go, just don't bid against me....... ;-)

sstterry said:
A.J. said:

I was bidding on a rotary cutter a couple of weeks ago. I think that someone that was there when I inspected it saw me and decided to bid. At the end I calculated the cost plus the 10% plus the cost of repairs and it just was not worth it. I decided to let it go.

If you go, just don't bid against me....... ;-)

Better to let it go, than overpay and regret it... I won't be at this one. I'd say they will have another big turnout.

kenny thomas said:
I got outbid on the 3' rooster's. $75 & $100..
Just got home from the auction as those rooster's sold well. Hot day and a lot junk. I went to look close at some mowers, but upon further inspection just about everyone of the 0-turn s must have came from the same place. All had been painted in all the worn places and the hours meter had been replaced (look closely and could see this). The 3 year old Scags went for a decent price showing around 500 hours, but I bet they had 2500 hours on them. I did bid on a Kubota, but an internet bidder got the last bid. A few nice pieces of machinery, and some that had potential.

sstterry said:
I bid on one of the Rotary Cutters but if it is at auction and I can't get a really good price, I would rather pay for the warrenty.
I saw a real nice what looked like a 5" John Deere rotary Cutters.

I saw that one but I was loooking for a 6ft. cutter. I bid on a couple of unused ones but they actually went for just a little less than they were worth new with warrenty from a dealer. There was an unused Smoke Hollow Smoker that looked nice and fancy, and it sold for more than it was new (I am pretty sure) when it was sold at Sam's Club.

A John Deere Toplink brought more (after the premium was added) than I could buy it new on the internet this morning. Some people loose their minds just becasue it is an auction.

When I got home from the auction, online I bid on a Plasma Cutter and thought I won, but when I checked latter apparently not as this internet bidding kinda hard to tell sometimes. I did unfortunately win a box of blowers with a max bid :( so I guess I have a bunch of Stihl blowers to rebuild with $21 investment. lol Probably one part and I can get my money back. Kinda wish somebody else would have won that. That watermelon box is about 4 feet deep an loaded with blowers and I noticed a couple just on top are the high dollar 450 models.

https://www.proxibid.com/PALLET-OF-STIHL-BLOWER-PARTS/lotInformation/55581516&rfpb=0#Top

1552.jpg

Latest posts