Public Surplus auction Saturday

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Last edited:
Not sure about in your area but Georgia / Tennessee area these auctions that have a lot of great stuff are going for a ridiculously high prices. I tried for six or eight months to buy some used equipment but I was better off paying another 10% buying it new and getting a warranty.
I guess maybe the prices will come back down when the craziness quits?

There is some old pole saws there that parts a ridiculously high and some about impossible to get that I have worked on in the past like. If I can afford to fix I will make somebody pay for them.

Last edited:
I was watching the auctions for many months trying to get one of those old school porcelain sinks that are about 8 ft long like we had in our 1800s farmhouse. I wanted one for down at the cow barn but evidently fancy people pay a lot of money for them so they way out of my price range if I do find one.
I agree sometimes you can get lucky and find some old stuff that you can't buy anymore.

A lot of pics are not up yet, but a guy was telling me what was there and it might be worth the time to attend. It is going to be cold. Several members around that general area and you can also proxy bid.

What, no metal roosters? 🐓

I was watching the auctions for many months trying to get one of those old school porcelain sinks that are about 8 ft long like we had in our 1800s farmhouse. I wanted one for down at the cow barn but evidently fancy people pay a lot of money for them so they way out of my price range if I do find one.
I agree sometimes you can get lucky and find some old stuff that you can't buy anymore.
LOL... "8 foot porcelain sinks"??? In my elementary school we didn't use them for washing our hands.;):ROFLMAO:

im thinking this auction is owned by the same people who have a big equipment auction near where i live too. if its anything like that it will be a good one!

Looks like a 939. A 6 cyl in a machine that size would be peppy.
Yes it would be. Wouldn't be my first choice for big trees and stumps but for cleaning up the feedlot at the end of winter or pushing out old fence lines it would be the cats azz. It is new enough that it would have really nice controls and be comfortable to run. Old enough to still have good steel and power with no EPA b.s.

These old plows pretty much had the lick looks like....Push snow with that and it would fall apart. It wasn't worth the trip down from Richmond.

ok5oZvn.jpg

A few more pics up. A little TLC an this old Deere might work for some cheap HP.

gaU9m7p.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts