Just like she suppose to.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
On August 11 2005 one of my 1st time Angus Hefiers dropped a healthy bull calf at 10.30am.

Today, July 14 2006, this same Angus Hefier dropped another healthy bull calf at 3:30 pm.

8/11/05 to 7/14/06 is what? Somewhere around 338 days?

Not too bad in my opinion.

The last bull calf was 655lb @ 6 months and 4 days with no creep feed or anything except Mamma's milk and good green MaxQ Fescue grass.

Hopefully one about every 11 -12 months. This time she will be AI'd in December when I try to begin my process of getting most of the "ladies" sync'd up to have one short calving season in the fall about the time the MaxQ kicks in the winter growth.

Thats nice that shes coming back around. Did you want her to calf that late the first time around or did she miss? Maybe next year she'll be in June and so on. Good luck!

Pooog1,

Actually here in Alabama with our mild winters and the Fescue grass growing all winter, I prefer a calving season in September. She was just earlier than the rest.

Nowland Farms":iheb2lco said:
Beefy, why did you delete you post?

b/c it was nonsensical. when i originally read it i thought it said july 11 and 14th of 2006 and i was thinking she had had twins 3 days apart. so i was being a smart ass asking how many more she was expecting. then when i reread it after i had posted i noticed that i was a dumbass and looked around to see if anybody saw me. i tried to delete it before i got caught but oh well. 8)

ps. i detest having calves this time of year. i only have one close right now. do you have a lot calving right now

thats nice of you to refrain, Van.

you dont want to have a case of the happy fingers, like me.
whoa, that sounded dirty. :oops:

Beefy,

I only have a few head now but will build up in the next year or two. As I said in an earlier post I prefer a calving season in Sept to Oct because of our mild winters and I have good green grass all winter.

Regarding your post, I saw it and was puzzeled and then poof, it wasn't there. :lol:

Hey Nowland, My wife is in Anniston visiting her parents this weekend.

Would you mind sticking 3-4 rolls of hay in the trunk of her car if she comes by? :lol: :lol:

Beefy":sfil5wjk said:
you dont want to have a case of the happy fingers, like me.

You're making this way too easy, Beefy. :D I have to get up earlier than usual, so I'm gonna hit the sack. Have a nice night.

MikeC,

Sure, Send her by, I'll load her up with hay. Looks like the hay I cut in May will be my only cutting. No rain to speak off in the last 2 months and dry season is about to start.

Nowland Farms":25b7z259 said:
Pooog1,

Actually here in Alabama with our mild winters and the Fescue grass growing all winter, I prefer a calving season in September. She was just earlier than the rest.

Don't you have a problem with flys and such in the fall? Do you have them all year round? They are so bad right now, I just feel sorry for the animals. It seems like no matter what I buy it doesnt work worth beans!

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":qrf7b79m said:
Poog I was battling pinkeye all summer because of all the flies. Then I went and got me a cattle rub with face flips that hit their face when they walk under it. I have not had a case of pinkeye since I have had it and have seen very few flies where as before each cow had 20-30 on em. You might want to try it. I treat it with permectrin II and diesel fuel. I have maybe treated once this month and once last month. I mix 4 ounces of permectrin II to 2.5 gallons of diesel fuel. Then I pour it on the rub. It is one of the best investments I have ever made.

This be what I have http://www.phwhite.com/

Thanks, sounds like a good idea.

teletigger":3ecq53wt said:
"Poog I was battling pinkeye all summer because of all the flies."

Excuse me sir, the queue for spitting salt in TTCLM's eye starts over there. You see the chubby kid?...that's it. thats where the queue starts.
regards

I am not sure what you are talking about but maybe I don't want to know. It must be personal??

teletigger":hh1ea9f5 said:
"Poog I was battling pinkeye all summer because of all the flies."

Excuse me sir, the queue for spitting salt in TTCLM's eye starts over there. You see the chubby kid?...that's it. thats where the queue starts.
regards

Teletigger, what the Heck are you talking about in the comment above?

Apparently you know nothing about cattle since, TTCLM is talking about pinkeyes in the cows, not on his/herself.

teletigger...you following TTCLM is starting to get old...keep it to yourself...your just trying to start a bunch of crap and everybody is tired of hearing bickering...it's p!ssing everyone off...not just TTCLM

Latest posts