Just finished taking catalog photos

Help Support CattleToday:

The first 2 were born last fall, the rest are all March calves

BRG, why don't you put a scattering of straw underneath the bull? I am not talking about knee deep, but some to cover the ground!

We try not to bed the bulls at all unless weather forces us to. Plus the pen that they are in is pretty big. They can travel the whole lot for the photos. Can't really cover the entire lot with bedding. We don't even bed the pens down sale day. I like to let the buyers see their feet.

BRG":3f8cgfxz said:
We try not to bed the bulls at all unless weather forces us to. Plus the pen that they are in is pretty big. They can travel the whole lot for the photos. Can't really cover the entire lot with bedding. We don't even bed the pens down sale day. I like to let the buyers see their feet.
i think your calves look great.. most ranchers aint worried about your house keep'in. just the product your offering, which speak for theirself

Jovid":332rhljh said:
[
quote="BRG"]Sorry guys, but bellies are important to me. I guess if you want pencil gutted animals, then they won't work for you. :)

Thanks for all the compliments!

As far as taking the pictures. I did take them myself. It is very time consuming. The photos are in the same pen that they are wintered in. This way they are comfortable with the area. I removed all the bulls from this pen, and then walked 1 at a time out and took his photo and then put him back when I finished. It is best if you have at least one other guy to help you get his attention and get the ears right. But they main thing is be slow, quiet, patient, and do not rush it at all. You are in their enviroment and they don't understand what you are trying to do. I did have cattle across the fence as well, that way they were not all by themselves either. Oh, and make sure you are using a digital camera, so you can delete the ones that don't turn out.

Kinda looks like one of our young bulls.....but this new format won't let me load the pic[/quote]

Was finally able to load the pic. We like our bulls to have those bellies also.

705.jpg

Latest posts