Junk cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

One heifer looks so nice he already he put his brand on it. And I'm not going to mention anything about trimming the hair on the heads and ears. They look surprising good.

Seeing all those ribs just means there is strong opportunity for ROI. Color me :mrgreen: with envy!

we (truegrit and I) looked at another bunch yesterday and he just wants too much for them. there were a couple of bull calves I would like to have that should weigh 700# by frame size they need their nuts cut and plenty of feed to fillem out, The heifer is by far the best of the bunch , I gonna attempt to make a cow out of her. they were back to normal yesterday the steers were still stove up but grazed most of the day. they only ate a little feed and went back to grazing which tells me their bellies were full for a change. they also layed and chewed their cud for a few hours late in the day. this is my first foray into this kind deal.

The first bunch sounds like a steal. The only suggestion I would make when buying thin cattle would be to keep your antibiotics close by and don't be afraid to use them. From what I've seen a thin cow or calf will go downhill a quite a bit faster when they get sick than one in good flesh.

callmefence":3ktk5y5j said:
M-5":3ktk5y5j said:
we (truegrit and me)

Well shoooot..I see how your getting them cattle so cheap. They just hoping y'all will leave... ;-)

I have crazy co- worker who does this when he buys a car. He shows up at the dealership first thing in the morning and hangs out all day being a pain in the rear. After about a week they will give him any deal he wants just to get rid of him.

I got 6 bought today but they were all junk weighing from 275-455. Cost from 1.00 to 2.11 a lb. All bull calves. They never looked up from the hay when I put them in the barn.

Odd thought I had, when I seen the update-------I wonder if she knows how fortunate she is?

Latest posts