JD parts pricey

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Just had to order a few (5 parts ) for my 3 point and they all totaled $176. :shock:
Not one part is bigger than my middle finger...

Be thankful you didn't need to get the same parts for a Case... You'd be adding a 0 after that number... The brake proportioning valve on a 684 is $1400 bucks, and it's about the size a small flashlight.

Massey Fergueson parts are fairly reasonable in my opinion. If I absolutely know the part that I want will fit, I'll usually order it online. I bought a fuel filter yesterday at the dealer, and it wasn't too bad.

skyhightree1":134ids2i said:
Case and JD give me good pricing on parts however NH will put it on me.

Must be like a frequent flier discount... the amount of stuff you have and keep getting must make you a regular!

Bigfoot":2uqqw5n9 said:
Massey Fergueson parts are fairly reasonable in my opinion. If I absolutely know the part that I want will fit, I'll usually order it online. I bought a fuel filter yesterday at the dealer, and it wasn't too bad.

Agco has about the best pricing of the big iron guys. NH/Case is by far the most expensive, although JD is not far behind.

JD 4240 transmission oil fill cap- $67. Transmission oil dip stick is a deal though around $15. I've lost a few of the dipsticks pulled out by vines.

Latest posts