JD 640 LOADER

Help Support CattleToday:

Ridgefarmer63

Reaction score
Picked up a JD 6200 with a 640 loader last week. I have an extra bale hugger with skidsteer attachment. Started looking for JD 640 type attachment brackets. $500 bucks delivered to the farm and you then have to fabricate/weld them to the implement. The other option is buy a JD600 series to skidsteer adapter. (1200-1250 delivered.) Seems like a no brainer to me, but poor decisions are common for me.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks, Mike

I have a 6300 with the 640 loader. It is by far the most frustrating attachment system I have ever used. It's also hard to find attachments that uses that style. Thankfully I only switch between a bucket and bale spear, so I have just dealt with it.

If and when I do change it I will change it to a skid steer style. I'll sell the bucket and spear and buy new skid steer style attachments.

I would opt for the adapter rather than the brackets. Costs more now but it's a lot more convenient to only have one QA setup and it opens up your selection of attachments quite a bit.

I have a 6300 with the 640 loader. It is by far the most frustrating attachment system I have ever used. It's also hard to find attachments that uses that style. Thankfully I only switch between a bucket and bale spear, so I have just dealt with it.

If and when I do change it I will change it to a skid steer style. I'll sell the bucket and spear and buy new skid steer style attachments.
Thanks for the reply. I haven't used the loader yet. Just bought it from a guy who used the tractor strickly as a baler tractor. Just found a 640 to SS adapter deliverd to NH for 1075. Say's it's rated for 5000.

Picked up a JD 6200 with a 640 loader last week. I have an extra bale hugger with skidsteer attachment. Started looking for JD 640 type attachment brackets. $500 bucks delivered to the farm and you then have to fabricate/weld them to the implement. The other option is buy a JD600 series to skidsteer adapter. (1200-1250 delivered.) Seems like a no brainer to me, but poor decisions are common for me.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks, Mike
Jd Classic tatch hook up's work pretty good once you get on to them.

The only non JD/frontier attachment we ever had was a knock off bale spear that we used for years until we bought a second jd spear.
The knock off had C-Channel for the top pins. The top part of the quick tatch would pick up those pins. At the bottom we cut out the side of the channel and welded in a straight clevis on each side. You just pick the spear up, roll it back, drop a bolt in the clevises and you're ready to go. Super simple and cheap.

Jd Classic tatch hook up's work pretty good once you get on to them.

The only non JD/frontier attachment we ever had was a knock off bale spear that we used for years until we bought a second jd spear.
The knock off had C-Channel for the top pins. The top part of the quick tatch would pick up those pins. At the bottom we cut out the side of the channel and welded in a straight clevis on each side. You just pick the spear up, roll it back, drop a bolt in the clevises and you're ready to go. Super simple and cheap.
That sounds like an awesome idea. I'm going to take a close look at that and do some serious head and butt scratchin'. Thank you.

Latest posts