Westendorf loader

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
I've been looking for a loader for an IH 1066. I found a westendorf wl42. Appears to be in good shape, other than faded paint which will match the tractor. I've read reviews that say they're better than the IH 2350. Anyone have any experience with the westendorf?

I had a WL42 on a White 2-105. No complaints at all. They have a lot of reach. Handled round bales easily. Westendorf's quick-tatch is simple once you get on to it.

I have 4 loader tractors, one of them is a Westendorf. It is my least favorite of the bunch and would never buy another. Seal kits for the cylinders are 2-3x the cost of my other loaders. The hydraulic hoses all use flareless fittings on the ends which are very uncommon and unavailable quickly (I bought adaptors and switched them all over to standard NPT fittings). Even though the loader is rated comparably to my others on paper in the real world its the weakest. It is the flexiest and most sloppy of the bunch also.

Only positive-ish I have is that it's super easy to take on and off (which leads to sloppiness).

I have 4 loader tractors, one of them is a Westendorf. It is my least favorite of the bunch and would never buy another. Seal kits for the cylinders are 2-3x the cost of my other loaders. The hydraulic hoses all use flareless fittings on the ends which are very uncommon and unavailable quickly (I bought adaptors and switched them all over to standard NPT fittings). Even though the loader is rated comparably to my others on paper in the real world its the weakest. It is the flexiest and most sloppy of the bunch also.

Only positive-ish I have is that it's super easy to take on and off (which leads to sloppiness).
What are your other loaders?

I'm not familiar with those fittings. I've yet to go look at this loader, it's an hour away. Came off a Deere, so hopefully the fittings will match up to what I have, we have red and green and everything has the same ends.

I have a Leon, a Ford, a Case, and a New Holland loader as well as the Westendorf.

The fittings I'm talking about are on all the short hoses going to each cylinder end. Had to source adaptors online so I bought enough and replumbed the entire loader.

I wrench on all kinds of equipment for a living and have repaired and serviced all kinds of loaders. I wouldnt put a Westendorf on one of my tractors if a guy gave it to me free of charge.

One other thing I forgot to mention with my TA-76 loader is the cylinder rods are hollow and have terrible quality chrome. After bending one rod and the chrome flaking off another I had a cylinder shop make new solid steel rods.

We had a TA29 for a long time. Never had any trouble out of the cylinders or structure. The quick attach worked pretty well and was a lot more solid than a skid steer type IMO.

It was on a Case 5240, would lift more than the tractor could carry pretty easily.

Latest posts