JD hydraulic remote

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
One of the remotes on my 5325 started popping the hose out when the cylinder hits pressure. Was going to switch remotes and found the bottom one on the other set wont lock at all. Is this something that is an easy/worth a rebuild or just replace the coupler?

I told my wife I probably need a new tractor but apparently she is some kind of mechanic and is convinced it can just be fixed. 😂

Best I remember, the female coupler assembly on the tractor screws apart in the middle. If that outer/back half is loose, it won't put enough pressure on the balls that hold the external male coupler. See if that back half is loose.

Before you do anything flush it real good with compressed air and some kind of solvent. I've had them get crap in them and not work properly.

Sometimes the balls will get flat spots worn in them as well.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to replace it. Usually parts aren't available to rebuild them, but I could be wrong.

Best I remember, the female coupler assembly on the tractor screws apart in the middle. If that outer/back half is loose, it won't put enough pressure on the balls that hold the external male coupler. See if that back half is loose.
You nailed it it was loose about a turn or so. Same for the other one that wasn't working. Took longer to walk over and grab a pair of slip joints than it did to fix it. I really appreciate the help!

Latest posts