JD 77-7810 vs 6150M

Help Support CattleToday:

Amo

Reaction score
Chambers, NE (125 miles W. of Souix City IA or 110
Have a friend looking for a ranch loader/chore tractor. Like any of us, best bang for the buck. Looked at some used lower houred 77-7810 JD's. His pick if going new is say a 6150M. He doesn't want all the electronic gadgets that the R series has, and wants to stay away from the D series.

Anybody have wisdom or knowledge on these machines? Also any info on Legend loaders or JB tractors in Brandon Minnesota would be greatly appriecated!

TIA

we have the 6105d tractor.the only differance between the 6 and 7 tractors is the frame size.the motors are just about the same.the 6150M will run your friend over $100,000 new.so if i was him id price them both new and used and see what saves him the most money.

We have a 7710 2wd. Over 6000 hours never a problem. Boss brother likes ours so much he went and bought a 7810. We mow all hay with 946 moco, bale, haul 18' rear dump silage boxs and 550 bu graivity boxes. I think the 77-7810's will be the next 4020 that people will be after.

Never drove a M series but I don't much care for the R's or the 30's. I like the 10 and 20's myself

Ya, they have a 77 or 7810 now. Bought it about maybe 7-10 years ago. Its sitting around 10K hours. He is looking to upgrade. Don't like being on the front end of a new series. So he is thinking pretty hard about buying a lower houred European import from JB tractors. Guess half a dozen 77-7810 & 20's all under 5K hours.

Guess there are slight differences between the say 7700, 7710, & 7720. Guess each time they tried to improve. 10 better than 00, but 20 some glitches?

Ya he has priced the M series. About 40K difference from the R to the M. Not sure what the D series is for price. Not sure what he isn't crazy about, but myself Im not sold on a structural frame.....no frame rails. Engine block is used to support the tractor. I know lots of models and different brands using same technology. Seams to work. I wouldn't worry about it much if its a non-loader tractor. Loader would put more stress on the frame (engine). IDK its out of my league!$$$$ Just snooping around.

Thanks for the insight!

Just went thru the same scenario . Spent 3 months trying to find a 7610 - 7810 that I thought was worth bringing home. When I did I found that for the money and the peace of mind of having a warranty the 6150M is made a lot more sense. Have had the 6150M with a new H360 loader for about 2 months and could not be more satisfied. Time will tell.

Ya Im not real well versed on JD. Especially the really new stuff. Just going off what he has told me. Kinda hoping that if he is reading this stuff, maybe he will join so he can explain better.....hint, hint, hint.

Don't have much info, but thinking the European machines have maybe 4-5K hours. Priced 50-60K range or lower. Plus if he stays with the older tractor, he can swap the loader from old to new machine.

Larbo":1aegvecz said:
Just went thru the same scenario . Spent 3 months trying to find a 7610 - 7810 that I thought was worth bringing home. When I did I found that for the money and the peace of mind of having a warranty the 6150M is made a lot more sense. Have had the 6150M with a new H360 loader for about 2 months and could not be more satisfied. Time will tell.

Neighbor bought a new M with loader this summer and is satisfied with it. But he says the buddy seat in my Kubota is nicer :p :p :p

John SD":2ql8168f said:
Larbo":2ql8168f said:

Neighbor bought a new M with loader this summer and is satisfied with it. But he says the buddy seat in my Kubota is nicer :p :p :p

7810 is one of the best ever built, it's like a 4450, hard to go wrong.

Larry

Latest posts