JD 566 baler

Help Support CattleToday:

JR'S#9

Reaction score
What is your experience with these? I am looking at one found it to be priced right has baled about 9000 bales. I bale some hay for horse customers and they want them to be 900 or less in weight wonder if this will do it? JR

A JD 566 is a very good baler. It is a 5' wide baler so that means you will need to bale a bale 4' high and 5' wide. It will do that fine. The problem with 5' wide baler and smaller consumers is they want to transport these bales on trailers side by side. 10' wide is hard to handle down country roads. These consumers are accustomed to 4' wide balers. Before you purchase a 5' wide baler you had better contact some of your potential customers and ask them if it matters. Remember people do not like to change anything.

The 566 is an excellent baler. I've got 3,000 rolls on mine and its not broken in good. If the baler is well maintained there should be nothing wrong with 9,000 bales of usage. The 566 puts up a 5x6 roll that can werigh close to 2000#. The baler has a hydraulic density setting and will put up almost twice the hay in a same size roll of a different baler. You can dial any size roll you want but sometimes its hard to convience people that your 5 ft roll has twice the hay of your neighbors.

Latest posts