JD 5093E

Help Support CattleToday:

KMacGinley":2poxaypl said:
I have been checking into them too.
Don;t get the 553 loader with it! The stupid thing won;t reach the ground with the hay forks or the bucket when it's level or tipped all the way back

dun":2mdh3z1v said:
KMacGinley":2mdh3z1v said:
Don;t get the 553 loader with it! The stupid thing won;t reach the ground with the hay forks or the bucket when it's level or tipped all the way back

Must be set up wrong? If it won't hit the ground it is either the worst design ever or it's set up wrong.

john250":3u3ro5ef said:
dun":3u3ro5ef said:
KMacGinley":3u3ro5ef said:

Must be set up wrong? If it won't hit the ground it is either the worst design ever or it's set up wrong.
The local JD folks are starting to think it's a pee poor design. It can only mount one place and way. Mine is the first 5093 and 553 loader they've delivered. They're putting another one together today just to check it out and see what's going on.

I actually bought a JD 5093E about a year ago. Mine has the 553 loader on it and works fine, both loader and with the hay forks. I paid $41,600 in June 2009 for the tractor, loader, and hay fork.

I absolutely love the tractor. My other tractor is a Farmtrac 80 which I still have for more basic duties. The JD is my first time to have a cab tractor. This last winter was a very harsh winter in Oklahoma (by our standards) and the 5093E started consistently and the heater was GREATLY appreciated feeding cattle all season. I just baled hay with it yesterday afternoon. It handles our JD 467 baler awesome. I looked at New Holland, Case, and Kubota when I bought. The features for the money I thought made the JD 5093E easily the way to go. The JD offered cab, 4WD on demand, and shuttle shift on the column in the basic configuration. I think I added two options, a second remote and a cold weather starting package (GREAT option for like a $100 or so). I have had no regrets at all.

Only two things that I wish were maybe a little better. The fuel consumption seems abusive. Again, this is the first time I've had a tractor this size so maybe what I'm experiencing should be considered "normal" for that size machine, but it still hurts at the pump compared to the (smaller) tractors I've always owned. Secondly, the wheelbase is a little short making for a bit of a rough ride in pasture operations. I used it a few times to brush hog, and probably won't do that anymore. The Farmtrac frankly is a bit better riding machine for pasture operations. I really bought the JD for hayfield use and winter feeding duties. I can't imagine a machine being any better suited for those duties than the 5093E.

I highly recommend the 5093E.

I agree, the 5093E is a great tractor WITH THE RIGHT LOADER. The problem is this one has the bigger tires and needs the one size larger loader. It's on it now and works great. It does suck some diesel but not as bad as the old 5510 did, and it only had a 13 gallon fuel tank.

I ended up buying a NH TN 95, and really like it so far. We baled with it Saturday and unloaded bales with it Sunday and I am really enjoying it so far. I tried to buy a new John Deere 5093, but they would not quote me a price and the New Holland guys did not fool around. I guess JD doesn't need the business. :)

hello guys ...
its really nice and informative post....
i just liked it....
thanks for your information guys ...........

Purchased a 2011 83e Seat is weak. Drops about 5 inches adjusted as tight as you can. They put a new one on and same thing. Its made by Sears. Loader as a slight twist to it They are trying to figure out the problem . As far as the tractor goes love it its just the problems I hate. Gas consumption is a lil over a gal an hour push'in and blading snow.

wideurt":x6suj8lr said:
Purchased a 2011 83e Seat is weak. Drops about 5 inches adjusted as tight as you can. They put a new one on and same thing. Its made by Sears. Loader as a slight twist to it They are trying to figure out the problem . As far as the tractor goes love it its just the problems I hate. Gas consumption is a lil over a gal an hour push'in and blading snow.
It;s supposed to lwoer about that much. As long as it doesn;t bottom out unless you hit a bad hole it's working properly

I bought one in January. I have used it primarily for feeding. Great in snow and muck. Our first 4x4 and cab. No issues with
Loader. I had to bury oldest cow Ikept one season too long as she had ggreat calves. Neighbor did recommend setting tires at bucket width he didn't but later moved them.

Seemed like best deal for size tractor at time. Glad I got it. See my post from that time for quotes.

Dun,

I just bought a 5101E a week ago and its about the same as the 5093E. So far, I like it a lot. I traded in my 6403 that was 5 years old. It is the same cab as my old one but the 4WD is going to be awesome and, the shuttle shift is great. You don't even have to clutch to use the shuttle. I did add the option for the air ride seat because of the short wheel base. It was $611 more but well worth it in comfort. The differences that made this trade so attractive is that my old one did not have 4WD, it did not have a shuttle shift, and it only had 9 Forward and 3 Reverse gears. I traded for $18,000 and I figure that each of these 3 upgrades are worth $6,000 each plus, my front end was worn out after 1400 hours from moving big heavy bales and I needed to replace the spindles. This shouldn't be a problem with the 4WD heavy front end.
The new one also has what they call an econo pto mode that will allow 540 rpm's at the shaft with much lower engine rpms that should save on fuel for light weight pto tasks like brush cutting.

All in all I'm very happy with this purchase.

Dub

DoubleK":3tnxk0ur said:
Dun,

I just bought a 5101E a week ago and its about the same as the 5093E. So far, I like it a lot. I traded in my 6403 that was 5 years old. It is the same cab as my old one but the 4WD is going to be awesome and, the shuttle shift is great. You don't even have to clutch to use the shuttle. I did add the option for the air ride seat because of the short wheel base. It was $611 more but well worth it in comfort. The differences that made this trade so attractive is that my old one did not have 4WD, it did not have a shuttle shift, and it only had 9 Forward and 3 Reverse gears. I traded for $18,000 and I figure that each of these 3 upgrades are worth $6,000 each plus, my front end was worn out after 1400 hours from moving big heavy bales and I needed to replace the spindles. This shouldn't be a problem with the 4WD heavy front end.
The new one also has what they call an econo pto mode that will allow 540 rpm's at the shaft with much lower engine rpms that should save on fuel for light weight pto tasks like brush cutting.

Dub
if your JD busted out the spindles at 1400hrs an 5yrs old.i dont think id traded for another JD id found me another brand.our old ford is 33yrs old,an it has spent its whole life lifting heavy 5 by 6 bales.an just in the last 4 months weve changed the hubb an bearings on the front axel.

bigbull338":3udqpsgo said:
DoubleK":3udqpsgo said:
Dun,

Dub
if your JD busted out the spindles at 1400hrs an 5yrs old.i dont think id traded for another JD id found me another brand.our old ford is 33yrs old,an it has spent its whole life lifting heavy 5 by 6 bales.an just in the last 4 months weve changed the hubb an bearings on the front axel.

Sounds more like some one lost their grease gun. I don't fool with any newer Deere's but on the 2840 there's 3 or 4 between the spindle and the hub alone. They shouldn't wear that fast with some help.

Latest posts