JD 2955

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Pros and cons, 5800 hours. Anything in particular to keep an eye out for?

Thanks

dun

the only thing that id make sure are in good working order are the clutch tranny an hydro system an motor we have a 7700 ford with 12.000 hrs on her so 5800 hrs is a new tractor alot depends on the price scott

A guy I used to work for 7 or 8 years ago had one that when I left had about 8000 hours on it. It got hammered every day and never gave up. I put a clutch in it and he put tires on it. I think thats about all while I was around there. He hired a lot of day labor and kids and nobody ever spared the rod on it. He used it for loading silage and hay and pulling a TMR mixer wagon from can see to can't. I stopped to see him a couple years ago and he still had it. I was never a green tractor fan, but you can't complain with that.

dun":xakdk9ev said:
Pros and cons, 5800 hours. Anything in particular to keep an eye out for?

Thanks

dun

Late neighbour put 11,000 hrs on one of them without any major repairs..

i bought mine in 1989 and it has been going stong ever since. two years ago i had to put a clutch slave cylinder in it. it had been very rainy and the shaft had abur on it from a spot of rust. i love mine and it works hard on this 450 ac. ranch.

I bought a 2955 and a 2155 I cant remember what year,expecting them to be like the 20,30,&40 series.I just didnt have much luck with them traded them for New Holland,hydraulics were always leaking or blowing seals.......good luck

HAY MAKER":1jvqpi59 said:
I bought a 2955 and a 2155 I cant remember what year,expecting them to be like the 20,30,&40 series.I just didnt have much luck with them traded them for New Holland,hydraulics were always leaking or blowing seals.......good luck

I wasn't going to say anything as I think most know I am partial to MF and Ford (NH) but, I did hear the same thing about the 29XX.

flaboy":33un79p2 said:
HAY MAKER":33un79p2 said:

I wasn't going to say anything as I think most know I am partial to MF and Ford (NH) but, I did hear the same thing about the 29XX.

Persoanlly I lean twards internationals. After the crap we've gone through with the 6320, pto and hydraulics quit working (3 times now) and the 3 loaners they've given us, each has broken down and had to be replaced by another loaner that breaks down, I'm pretty well fed up with JD. The only thing good about them is there is a dealer in town, the bad part is that you need to use the dealer so often. Wish the CaseIH dealer was less then an hour and half away.

dun

I would stick with tractors that are pre computerized. The late model JD have more than there share of problems.

I have a 2950 with 6000 hours
2040 7700 hours
2350 2200 hours
6200 2800 hours
All of these are John Deeres and we have had very few problems with them.

If anyone is looking for some good john deer tractors let me know I know where there are several at.

In the next county over from me I found a 4040 john deere with 26oo hours original

Latest posts