Jake does this one got enough Depth

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ollie":3g0692ee said:
She is a cow I thought he would have liked . She is a 3 frame 1400 pound cow I figure. Looks fertile to me. Guess I could be wrong. I don't hardly like them that conventional but I do admire her thickness and doability. In this drought I wish they were all made like her. I wonder what her epd's are? Do they have epd's in the beefalo breed. Maybe we could call clay center and see if she is any good or not. He did say they shouldn't weigh more than 1200. He could like some of those 9 frame Nelores or Chi's or Salers or ...from the eighties. 1200 lb but 65" tall.

Quad L Cattle":3qwev3x6 said:
And even if its true i dont think it is a good thing to insult someones cattle. So i still think its RUDE!!!

I just want to see some of his cows, thats all.If he has any ;-)

frenchie":378ch4wp said:
Quad L Cattle":378ch4wp said:
And even if its true i dont think it is a good thing to insult someones cattle. So i still think its RUDE!!!

I don't think he has any. I think he's a rude pencil pusher for marc.

la4angus":2ovoc289 said:
frenchie":2ovoc289 said:
Quad L Cattle":2ovoc289 said:

Are you saying that about me????

Quad L Cattle":1grz19sg said:
la4angus":1grz19sg said:
frenchie":1grz19sg said:
Quad L Cattle":1grz19sg said:

Are you saying that about me????
I have no opinion about you. I'm saying that about the king of the mountain.

that is one heck of a cow. and yes Frenchie she has enough depth and thickness :p sheesh, just can't win with you guys :lol: The only thing I would like to see is what kind of udder she has, I'd bet she's a milker if she doesn't have too much fat deposits in her bag.

Quad L Cattle":1mtx9nay said:
It's not RUDE, it's just part of the cattle business. Everybody's cattle get insulted in one way or another. Whether it's from a poster on these Boards, a show judge, an order buyer, a packer......

Quad L Cattle":2thu3i7d said:
Irf you can't take the heat stay outta the kitchen.

he didnt insult the cow... just made a comment on her... what do you want to hear if you ask opinions about one of your cows... the truth? or something nice?

most on here want the truth... so they can work to improve...there is a lot of knowledge floating around on these boards... tap into it! :lol: ;-)

jt

jt":3u1v4ew1 said:
he didnt insult the cow... just made a comment on her... what do you want to hear if you ask opinions about one of your cows... the truth? or something nice?

most on here want the truth... so they can work to improve...there is a lot of knowledge floating around on these boards... tap into it! :lol: ;-)

jt

Texan":1jm14zwk said:
Quad L Cattle":1jm14zwk said:
It's not RUDE, it's just part of the cattle business. Everybody's cattle get insulted in one way or another. Whether it's from a poster on these Boards, a show judge, an order buyer, a packer......

A lot of things here are related to something that if you ain't been around a while you will not realize. Jake had some pics of some nice cows a little while back. Jake is one of the younger guys here but has the respect of an old codger that knows his cattle. Jake said himself that one of his cows didn't have enough delpth. It was a nice looking cow just not one of Jakes favorites. Frenchie posted this one mainly for Jakes sake as a side joke. Frenchie is also another one of the respected guys here. He is big enough to take whatever someone says about that cow if he knows they are being trueful with him. We all know Frenchie well enought to know this is not one of his best. So as far as anyone being rude it didn't happen. If somebody ask what do I think. I will give my honest opinion, good or bad. How is this rude?

I bet I know what ole' mtnman is doing. He is calling her open using Larry Sansoms hair on the tail evaluation. Not only is he calling her open but he has perfected the system of preg. checking and saying she is barren. Good work mtnman. Pic. please. Edit, I just reread his post he recanted the barren post with she can't wean over 40% of her weight. What does she weigh Mtnman? What did you say her last two or three calves weighed? I could really learn something with this hair deal.

I hate to tell you guys, but I have to agree with Farmer Rich that she looks like a fat, barren, old worthless cow. If we're gonna be asked to judge one from the picture alone, that is my opinion. And if you guys think I need to post a picture to be entitled to provide that opinion, you can KMA.

I of course respect you too much to ask you to post a pic. I would ask what in the world you see in that pic that makes you think she is barren? ALL little 3 frame conventional cows look cresty and fat. Give me another reason.

ollie":2828o9np said:
I of course respect you too much to ask you to post a pic. I would ask what in the world you see in that pic that makes you think she is barren? ALL little 3 frame conventional cows look cresty and fat. Give me another reason.
I yield to your superior expertise with 3 frame cows, but she looks to me like she has a 12 year old head with a heifer udder. Are you thinking that maybe she was just selected for superior udder longevity? She's dried off getting ready to calve again? Udder returns to that condition every time?

She is a bloomin' beefalo for petes sake. Have you ever seen a pretty headed buffalo that was swinging a holstein udder?

ollie":2pdixtza said:
She is a bloomin' beefalo for petes sake. Have you ever seen a pretty headed buffalo that was swinging a holstein udder?
Okay, ollie. If you say she's just a good milker with a tidy udder and is a gobby-fat lardass because she's just an easy keeper, I will take your word for it. Guess I have to yield to your superior expertise with Beefalo, too.

I yield the day to sarcasm. Not proof.

Wow!

I've got a challenge for all you folks putting words in my mouth. Go find where I said I like frame 3 cows, I can't find it. Again, here we sit reading into what others say.

I don't know who Larry Samsom is, and I don't know what you mean talking about hair on her tail.

Cows get a look to them after several eyars of low or no production, and that cow has it. Something I can't really describe about the look of the fat on them, like it's all hard, stale fat, not soft, fresh fat. She looks like shes got it. Look at her udder too, it's got he look of being full of old fat, not fresh fat like she just weaned a heavy calf and is gaining body condition.

ollie is right, she's got good. It looks to me like she just LOOKS good cause she's fat from low production ability, not easy fleshing and productive. I don't know that I can describe what I mean. She's counterfeit, if I could find 100 that look like her, but don't look stale, we'd really have something. I don't know what she weighs, I can't tell by looking at a picture, I don't know what frame she is, I can't tell by looking at a picture.

She is heavy muscled, and I like that, she is deep, and I like that, but beyond that, the type of fat she carries indicates her low productivity. Call this Larry Samsom guy and get his opinion, maybe he can look at her tail.

mtnman

Texan":17i8mc9s said:
I hate to tell you guys, but I have to agree with Farmer Rich that she looks like a fat, barren, old worthless cow. If we're gonna be asked to judge one from the picture alone, that is my opinion. And if you guys think I need to post a picture to be entitled to provide that opinion, you can KMA.

Easy now Texan, Got no quarrels with you.Have way to much respect for you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts