Is your wife like mine?

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone have a wife like mine? If I sit something down she always has to come behind me and touch it and move it then I can't find it then I get p-oed because she keeps moving stuff and gets an attitude with me when I keep telling her stop moving my .... so far today items that I can't find my cordless drill charger - Debit card she tossed in the trash because she thought the pile was junk mail since it had alot of coupons in it. I just woke everyone up told them new house rule " DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM MY DESK " then told them go back to bed. I would rather get kicked in the groin 18 times vs having 1 item i sit down moved and not know where it is.... :mad: thats my rant... Ladies if you have a hubby like that let me know too.

skyhightree1":3larodc6 said:
Does anyone have a wife like mine? If I sit something down she always has to come behind me and touch it and move it then I can't find it then I get p-oed because she keeps moving stuff and gets an attitude with me when I keep telling her stop moving my .... so far today items that I can't find my cordless drill charger - Debit card she tossed in the trash because she thought the pile was junk mail since it had alot of coupons in it. I just woke everyone up told them new house rule " DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING FROM MY DESK " then told them go back to bed. I would rather get kicked in the groin 18 times vs having 1 item i sit down moved and not know where it is.... :mad: thats my rant... Ladies if you have a hubby like that let me know too.

Yeah--this will work.. :roll:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You will be assimilated....

Not a problem with my husband he throws NOTHING away.
We have a rule if his junk creeps into my area its mine to do what I want to with it.
He has an office with a door that I have not been in in 20 years(I do chunk rat bait in there every couple of months). But if I can't close the door--- I throw out everything in its way.
He has a table next to his chair. He found out the hard way that piling it high isn't safe. the pile fell off(with no help from me) and went right into the trash.
If its not important enough for him to take care of-- its not important enough to stay out of the trash can.

I been asking, begging, for some little space that if I put something there, it stays there. Almost 35 years and still waiting.

Every shelf or empty surface in the house has some what-not or pretty on it, and I can't get a spot for my stuff. I am sane now cause she drove me insane and back.

So yes, I'd guess they are all that way.

Oh Yea my wife picked up the barn and my tool room while we were in LA. fishing. Still can't find some stuff. Never a truer quote
" one man's junk is another man's treasure " While a woman thinks junk is junk. And they don't know what to keep and what to throw away.

Buy a nice looking desk/cabinet that closes up COMPLETELY and she will help you find room for it. The house is her nest and she has to keep it looking right or she will be miserable.
We spend our lives picking up after kids/husbands and pat ourselves on the back for it. Sometimes thats all we have to be proud of. Then we get to fooling ourselves that it really makes a difference to other people and get into trouble thinking we are helping by cleaning up someones elses mess. If we had made a mess like that we would LOVE to have someone come in and get us out of it. It takes us awhile to realize that people are actually happy with their mess and don't really see it as a mess.

My OCD mother in law is the worst. When i was dating my wife, I would come over for supper, take my boots off by the door (mandatory). When it was time to leave, boots were gone, mother in law was in the bed asleep. We looked for the boots for 20 minutes, and finally found them in the closet. She just cant help herself.

I'm blessed. Mine doesn't through anything away until she knows it will not be needed for the kids or the grandkids or the great grandkids. We have both given serious thought to building a warehouse. I want it underground though but she doesn't like this idea. My biggest problem with her is her ideas about the kitchen and the bathrooms. Seems she thinks certain soaps and towels should be looked upon as sacred and never to be used. I just can't get my head around this. I mean, if you got a wash cloth by the sink why can't I use it to dry my hands? Same with soap? Heck, if I wanted something to look at I'd hang a picture there and not hang a towel. However, I have come to the conclusion I will never understand this genetic flaw that is surely brought on by being deprived of Y chromosome which guarantees sanity in humans.

I thought you were going say something else. In my case, my wife is like a good cup of coffee! When we started out she was sweet and hot! But after time she turned cold and bitter. :lol:

After years of marriage we have learned to leave each other "special" areas alone.

Jo, my wife tried that thing with decorative soap and towels, but she married a man with four small boys ........ She soon gave up and started buying liquid hand soap and cheap towels.

She is truly a wonderful lady! :tiphat:

If I can't find something it's safe to assume that it got "organized". I have to carry socks and boots out of the closet in the same trip because if I bring out my boots and then go back in for socks or a shirt the boots disappear before I can put them on.
Luckily she doesn't go outside much. When she does I have to learn to think like her to find anything. There's tools that fit in drawers, tools with rust on them, tools that look like they could be dangerous, and tools that look new. Each category has it's own hiding place and I believe there is a specific effort to separate tools that are used for similar work into different subcategories so that they will never be found in the same area.
Drives me NUTTTS! My method of organization is to recall the last place I used a particular item and go there and there's my tool... Unless it got "organized". :bang:

:lol: , that's pretty much like I organize my bigger tools, I do have a roll away for my mechanic tools. The other day my son came in and said he needed to a star wrench to switch out a tire and wheel. I knew just where it was, I told him it was under the push mower in the garage ...... It's just my special system.

Howdyjabo":3h2cnm2t said:
Not a problem with my husband he throws NOTHING away.
We have a rule if his junk creeps into my area its mine to do what I want to with it.
He has an office with a door that I have not been in in 20 years(I do chunk rat bait in there every couple of months). But if I can't close the door--- I throw out everything in its way.
He has a table next to his chair. He found out the hard way that piling it high isn't safe. the pile fell off(with no help from me) and went right into the trash.
If its not important enough for him to take care of-- its not important enough to stay out of the trash can.

are we married? :shock:

If my husband would put this "stuff" somewhere organized, then maybe I not have to put it away for him! :p
But seriously, my husband can never find his stuff anyway! He needs some serious organization skills, but having three kids around might be the reason... :lol:

Me and my wife are the opposite. I say dailey,"Everything has a place, if every time you touch it, you put it back. You will always know where it is." I routinely throw her things away, just to see if she will ever miss them.

I have to deal with her mad rush to make the house
perfect when visitors are on their way. Takes me several
days to get my stuff back where I keep it. I discover there
is no place in our house that is mine.

Latest posts