Is this innappropriate ?

Help Support CattleToday:

It wouldn't bother me to be told merry Christmas by a non Christian. But I dont understand why a non Christian would be saying merry Christmas if they don't believe there is a Christ.

Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate the love of God and family and to create memories that will last forever. Jesus is God's perfect, indescribable gift. The amazing thing is that not only are we able to receive this gift, but we are able to share it with others on Christmas and every other day of the year.I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, and rose again, and that's my belief. I'm a follower of Christ, but I keep making a whole bunch of mistakes. And I thank God for forgiveness. Sky, I would encourage you to seek the Lord, you'll find the greatest Joy and peace you've ever known!

kenny thomas":3jbx3b4n said:
skyhightree1":3jbx3b4n said:
Is it innappropriate for a non-christian to wish a christian a Merry Christmas ? :???: :???: :???: :???:

Sky, I really and truly hope you are not asking this on your own behalf. I will think badly of you if you are. And yes that is judging someone unfairly and I don't usually do that. I am just sick of all this politically correct shytt.

well k.t I am asking on my behalf yes... why?? a Dr. at wife's work while we talked he had to go I said well if I don't see you merry Christmas... he gave me the what for because he knows I am not Christian...for about 10 mins so I figured I'd ask what y'all thought.

tripleBfarms":1t0kspx9 said:
Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate the love of God and family and to create memories that will last forever. Jesus is God's perfect, indescribable gift. The amazing thing is that not only are we able to receive this gift, but we are able to share it with others on Christmas and every other day of the year.I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior. I believe that Jesus died for my sins, and rose again, and that's my belief. I'm a follower of Christ, but I keep making a whole bunch of mistakes. And I thank God for forgiveness. Sky, I would encourage you to seek the Lord, you'll find the greatest Joy and peace you've ever known!
:nod: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sky, as a christian myself I know its not up to me to judge you. I know I'm not perfect by any means and neither are you. As the son of a deacon and gideon and preacher I'll be honest with everyone on here when I was a kid I got really sick of church just constantly shoved down my throat. And I'm not gonna try to shove my beliefs on anybody unless they ask for it.

I know all y'all mean Well but speaking from experience don't push religon on people alot of the time you do more harm than good.

tripleBfarms":zs0jc1i8 said:

:tiphat: Well said.

Sky, I may have judged you wrongly. I do apoligize for that.
There are so many now days that use their religion for evil that I get real tore up about it.

trappersteve":unbtz3gj said:
I know all y'all mean Well but speaking from experience don't push religon on people alot of the time you do more harm than good.

That's the best statement I've read on here. I have no problem with any religion.. I do have problem with people telling me what I should do and what I should believe in. :2cents:

Kenny I understand as humans we get emotional when it comes to something we strongly believe in.

skyhightree1":2cyy9kkc said:
trappersteve":2cyy9kkc said:

That's the best statement I've read on here. I have no problem with any religion.. I do have problem with people telling me what I should do and what I should believe in. :2cents:

Kenny I understand as humans we get emotional when it comes to something we strongly believe in.

Thats the bad thing. Yes I am Christian but in no way a good one. I let my alligator mouth pop off without thinking what you might be. If it is not a religion that believes in bombings, kidnaping, terror plots, and things like that I should be quiet.

Kenny I was raised differently than most. I was raised under typical Cherokee beliefs. I am also not the poster child for my beliefs either.

denvermartinfarms":31cx1qsx said:
It wouldn't bother me to be told merry Christmas by a non Christian. But I dont understand why a non Christian would be saying merry Christmas if they don't believe there is a Christ.

There are a lot of folks who attend church regularly, may sing in the choir , teach a SS class, be a deacon or a preacher and represent themselves as a Christian. Ask them about their faith and they have no personal relationship with Christ.

I think some of those folks say,"Merry Christmas" because their wearing a veil, and may not even realize it. They just been in the church so long they think it comes with the territory.

skyhightree1":1b74pru4 said:
Kenny I was raised differently than most. I was raised under typical Cherokee beliefs. I am also not the poster child for my beliefs either.
Sky just out of curiosity can you tell me about cherokee beliefs, I always wanted to know What the indians religious beliefs were before the white man came along. You can text me the answer

D2Cat":3t72w9m5 said:
denvermartinfarms":3t72w9m5 said:

There are a lot of folks who attend church regularly, may sing in the choir , teach a SS class, be a deacon or a preacher and represent themselves as a Christian. Ask them about their faith and they have no personal relationship with Christ.

I think some of those folks say,"Merry Christmas" because their wearing a veil, and may not even realize it. They just been in the church so long they think it comes with the territory.
:nod: :nod: :nod: Your post says it all. :clap:
Sky, the short answer to your original question is NO; a Christian should not be offended by anyone wishing them merry Christmas. But in your original post you left out the fact that the person knew you were not a Christian, and I can only presume to know that is because you both have known each other for some time. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe since he knew you were not Christian, he took it as sarcasm, maybe even an insult. I don't have a clue about your relationship with this person, so I cannot draw any conclusive answer or advice. I do have a lot of Cajun customers and friends that enjoy Mardi Gras. They know I would never take part in that celebration. I don't know how I could wish one of them "happy Mardi Gras" without feeling a bit like a kiss azz, or a smart azz, and they would know it even if I said it with a larapin smile.
BTW, I am happy you are in the spirit.............of the season............... :D ;-) Just joshin ya. Depending on the part of the country you're in, that means ribbing ya, or joking with ya. :lol2:
There are so many things we cannot convey over this WWW, but I'll guarantee that if we were both sitting on bar stools we could have a really good time talking about this very subject. And I also believe we would find common ground, made by the same Creator

trappersteve":1qe8mhuf said:
skyhightree1":1qe8mhuf said:
Sky just out of curiosity can you tell me about cherokee beliefs, I always wanted to know What the indians religious beliefs were before the white man came along. You can text me the answer
I can't answer for Sky, and would not even if I thought I could. But the Hopi had some interesting and well documented beliefs, as well as other tribes.

denvermartinfarms":upj80j3x said:

I thought everyone believed in Santa Claus.
Seriously, I've never considered a person's religious beliefs when wishing them a Merry Christmas.
I agree with what triplerfarms wrote. Especially the part about mistakes. I try, but most every day I find myself falling short of the glory of God.

fitz

One of my native American ancestors was the first to bring the gospel to the creeks here and in Oklahoma.

I will start a new thread on the acceptance of the gospel by the natives. I can't speak for sky but would think it is worked into their belief over the last 200 year's.

People are all the time telling me to have a good day. I figure if I wish someone a Merry Christmas that I am telling them to have a good day on December 25th. So I am just being more specific as to which date to have a good day.

Latest posts