Is the heat getting to anyone else?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

The heat has been getting to me this year, maybe i'm just getting old...makes me wonder how much longer i'll be able to run this farm, not really feeling up to the challenge anymore

I've always had a "physical" job and most of the time outside in whatever weather God throws at me. I definitely have a tougher time with the heat than I did when I was younger. I've learned to work smarter in extreme weather but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

HF,

This summer has been different, somehow. For us in TX, it came on the heels of a really mild winter...some of those days got into the 90s. It's just seemed hotter, somehow, smothering hotter. And Lord knows, it's been so terribly dry, which makes it seem, at least, hotter.

You'll change your mind when the heat breaks...I can't wait for the seasons to change.

Alice

Alice

Alice":36xg80x7 said:
HF,

This summer has been different, somehow. For us in TX, it came on the heels of a really mild winter...some of those days got into the 90s. It's just seemed hotter, somehow, smothering hotter. And Lord knows, it's been so terribly dry, which makes it seem, at least, hotter.

You'll change your mind when the heat breaks...I can't wait for the seasons to change.

Alice

Alice

90's in the winter? :shock: ...we don't have that around here, it's usually about 14 degrees here in the winter :roll: , with tons of snow...seems like every year,to me at least, that the summers get hotter and the winters get colder...I guess it could all just be my age and health affecting me though...but at least in the winter, I always have a few kids from the highschool working for me as their work release program :lol:

I feel it is age that makes us more aware of the temperature hot or cold, its the ailments that comes with it, arthritis, and such like, and just old plain wear and tear of years of hard work. it comes to us all. :roll: :x

HF it is getting to me been very hot here Wensday broke a record.It seems like i cant take it like i used to.I say i can take the heat better in the winter and in the summer i think i can take the cold better.But i cant handle either as good as i used to.

rattler

There is no doubt that I have overheated atleast a dozen times this year. I simply have to stop what ever it is I am doing, find the shade, and cool myself down. Fluids, diet, choice of clothing, and timeliness of activity make a difference.

What scares me is that I could get overheated, and then some fool tosses out a cigarette somewhere.

backhoeboogie":42yem3rw said:
There is no doubt that I have overheated atleast a dozen times this year. I simply have to stop what ever it is I am doing, find the shade, and cool myself down. Fluids, diet, choice of clothing, and timeliness of activity make a difference.

What scares me is that I could get overheated, and then some fool tosses out a cigarette somewhere.

Remember when all the fires were raging here? Sheriff's patrol cars were stopping and ticketing people that tossed cigarettes. I hope that's still in effect, 'cause right now one little spark, and whoosh!

Alice

backhoeboogie":fne32rub said:
Do you smoke? You have a very liberal viewpoint.

Wewild":2867py08 said:
backhoeboogie":2867py08 said:

Yes I smoke.

This is quite funny. You are the very first person who ever called me liberal. Friends, peers, and family would really get a kick out of this one.

Wewild":1vfyazo7 said:
backhoeboogie":1vfyazo7 said:

Believe me, around here this is one thing liberals and conservatives agree on. If you're smoking in your vehicle, you'd best have something to put the butt out in, 'cause if it goes out the window and law enforcement sees it, you get fined...and if goes out the window and someone that's lost a home, livestock, pasture to someone that caused a fire from tossing a butt out the window would chase said down and beat the living tar out of said someone.

Right now my county and surrounding counties are one spark away from fire, fire, and more fire.

Alice

Alice":3j9knaoa said:
Believe me, around here this is one thing liberals and conservatives agree on. If you're smoking in your vehicle, you'd best have something to put the butt out in, 'cause if it goes out the window and law enforcement sees it, you get fined...and if goes out the window and someone that's lost a home, livestock, pasture to someone that caused a fire from tossing a butt out the window would chase said down and beat the living tar out of said someone.

Right now my county and surrounding counties are one spark away from fire, fire, and more fire.

Alice

I use a cup of water to put mine out and always have. I don't do it because it's against the law to do other wise .... I do it because it's the right thing to do.

backhoeboogie":134r2vp4 said:
This is quite funny. You are the very first person who ever called me liberal. Friends, peers, and family would really get a kick out of this one.

I guess you threw me for a loop with the game presrve post and the thought that if you passed out because you didn't take care of yourself and somone burnt you it would be their fault. I'd see that as 2 wrongs on the latter.

Wewild":38mskki9 said:
Alice":38mskki9 said:

Alice

I use a cup of water to put mine out and always have. I don't do it because it's against the law to do other wise .... I do it because it's the right thing to do.

As do most people around here....but there are those that have to have a consequence (stopped and fined) to make them do the right thing...and that's a shame...

Alice

smoke a pipe, you aint got to worry about throwing cigarettes in a cup of water or out the window, just got to keep the pipe cleaned out

Alice":uexisfyg said:
As do most people around here.....

Alice

Dang ... I was going to get a patent on the concept.

I've never seen it done before.

Latest posts