Interesting to know opinion

Help Support CattleToday:

lithuanian farmer

Reaction score
I've just found one beef breed: Verbeterd Roodbont Vleeslee ( Dutch Improved Red and White). Had anybody any expierence with it? From all I've read this breed is close to Belgian Blue, have the same roots: Shorthorns. I think about using VRB bull for crossing with Limousine cows. Any opinions or suggestions about this breed? :roll:

OK since you asked....

Most people get confused between the factory (maternal genetics) and the end product (paternal genetics) In the long run you'll be money ahead by building a maternal herd first and then crossing it with whatever continental beef breed tickles your fancy at the time, (even double muscled beef breeds) to create the terminal end product.

KNERSIE said:
OK since you asked....

Most people get confused between the factory (maternal genetics) and the end product (paternal genetics) In the long run you'll be money ahead by building a maternal herd first and then crossing it with whatever continental beef breed tickles your fancy at the time, (even double muscled beef breeds) to create the terminal end product.[/quote

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well stated! Truer words were never spoken

Latest posts