In the arms of an Angel

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryder":arl9yws9 said:
Alison, can you understand what she is singing without printed lyrics?
Yes, every word :D . I can relate to the words as well, ever felt trapped??

Trivia alert! The lyrics were written about life on the road and inspired by a musician (I forget his name) with the Smashing Pumpkins group that died as a result of an overdose. With that said it's a beautiful piece of music.

slick4591":2jqp386p said:
Trivia alert! The lyrics were written about life on the road and inspired by a musician (I forget his name) with the Smashing Pumpkins group that died as a result of an overdose. With that said it's a beautiful piece of music.

McLachlan a Canadian musician, wrote this about a drug-addict's struggles with the world. The "angel" symbolizes the drugs the addict gives in to repeatedly .As McLachlan explained on VH1 Storytellers, this song is about the Smashing Pumpkins touring keyboard player Jonathan Melvoin, who overdosed on heroin and died in 1996. McLachlan explained that there's nothing constant when you are on the road; everything becomes the same.

She also is an avid supporter of the ASPCA and animal welfare .

McLachlan a Canadian musician, wrote this about a drug-addict's struggles with the world. The "angel" symbolizes the drugs the addict gives in to repeatedly .As McLachlan explained on VH1 Storytellers, this song is about the Smashing Pumpkins touring keyboard player Jonathan Melvoin, who overdosed on heroin and died in 1996. McLachlan explained that there's nothing constant when you are on the road; everything becomes the same.

Thanks for the reminder.

HUS and the SPCA are different things .
As far as PETA I have never heard of being a supporter so do not know ,the only thing I have heard her speak out which might have sounded as a supporter was against the seal hunts here.
She is a vegetarian though.

There are a lot of good songs out there that are about drugs. Thankfully the message that the song writer is trying to get across needn't necessarily be what you may personally read into the song. If one didn't know this song was about drugs it could have various meanings. The listener has the freedom to choose.

alisonb":ex6w9fu0 said:
There are a lot of good songs out there that are about drugs. Thankfully the message that the song writer is trying to get across needn't necessarily be what you may personally read into the song. If one didn't know this song was about drugs it could have various meanings. The listener has the freedom to choose.

It is still a beautiful song ,I like the version she did with Josh Groban(sp?) too.

JSCATTLE":1he6ig9h said:
I don't listen to anything or anyone that supports peta or any of those types ...
I agree with Ya JS that was one of the adds they were running here trying to get the regualations on dog breeders tightened up and the succeeded by saying they were fighting the Illegal Puppy Mills when in reality the new laws have NOTHING in them about the Illegal breeders just tightened up the regs on the good breeders so tight it is about to run them out of business which is what they intende to do
HSUS were behind it as well as ASPCA

Maybe we should promote videos of Starving cow farmers and see if we can get donations because we are to poor to make ends meet
and show how Vegetarians are killing us off
maybe then we could get Vegetarians outlawed

They also had a lot to do with shutting down the horse slaughter business .... I don't. Care what church some one goes to or if they don't eat meat .. I have a problem with having stuff like that pushed on me... I say live and let live ..but aspca and pita hsus etc want to push there beliefs on us and it cost us more money because of government regulations .....

JSCATTLE":5o3xpz4r said:
They also had a lot to do with shutting down the horse slaughter business .... I don't. Care what church some one goes to or if they don't eat meat .. I have a problem with having stuff like that pushed on me... I say live and let live ..but aspca and pita hsus etc want to push there beliefs on us and it cost us more money because of government regulations .....

At least spell it right JS :lol:

That is why you should support your local shelters ,that way you know where the money is going. We have a great SPCA here , we have adopted 2 rescue dogs from them and are planning on a 3rd since the loss of Bo last Sept at the age of 15. They are one of the few no kill shelters around AND let me be straight on no kill, that does not mean that all of them get to live. BUT the good ones get a chance at being adopted and it has nothing to do with how pretty they are or pedigree, but rather on temperament and health.

In my opinion you have a huge neurosis of Fanaticism in your country and for some reason Jo Blow public would rather believe what is in the best interest of the people by an actor or a so called celebrity than those that are really should have a say. Also just because you are a vegetarian does not mean you support PETA or HUS !!!!!!!!! Remember , there are a lot of vegetable growers in your country too.

Spelling isn't my strong point lol ...I love vegetables .. eat them every. Day I didn't say every vegetarian is supporting peta ... a lot of vegetarian s choose to not eat meat because its cruel to them ... I just feel we have way to many rules and regulations in this country ... to many people putting their nose where they shouldn't .

Latest posts