In need of a shop truck

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions

Reaction score
I need a pickup to get us through the winter. It'll be used for light deliveries, running errands, some light towing, personal use/keeping miles off the 5500, and some on the fence crew. I've been looking at some 2013 ish Chevy 2500s with the 6.0 gas engine. I had one years ago, and it served it's purpose well. Anything I should know about these newer ones? The trucks that fit my budget are plain Jane with 125K miles give or take. Input would be appreciated.

Have I gotta deal for you.

2005 Cummings 3500.
300,000 miles. Engine runs great. Trans has the morning sickness. Front ends a little loose. Has one tire that holds air. radio and one taillight works. ....
Back window broken out.
I just Passed up three grand.

You need a winter shop truck and this baby needs to spend the winter in the shop....you can pay me whenever you feel like it.... No rush ..;-) :D

callmefence":29lxaak7 said:
Have I gotta deal for you.

2005 Cummings 3500.
300,000 miles. Engine runs great. Trans has the morning sickness. Front ends a little loose. Has one tire that holds air. radio and one taillight works. ....
Back window broken out.
I just Passed up three grand.

You need a winter shop truck and this baby needs to spend the winter in the shop....you can pay me whenever you feel like it.... No rush ..;-) :D

If I didn't have two just like it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Just in case any of you are shopping, evidently Chevy is excited to get rid of the '17 trucks. Brand new ones are only $5k more than a ragged out 100k mile truck. No big rebate on '16 or '18 models, but the 2017s are cheap. Something wrong with them?

Latest posts