I'm sure the board police will be on my butt

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't watched the video yet, but at 345 post, this might be the longest run you've had without getting thrown off. :clap: :tiphat: :banana: :lol:

I'm curious if it would work as well with crude oil instead of refined oil that has had additives put in

Naw, just more prolific with my posts these day. See up to 346!

I will admit that I have made a concerted effort to confine myself to Hereford related posts for the most part and staying out of pissing matches with the Angus mafia.

I would think it would work better with crude oil's higher viscosity.

I am not sure that I like the idea of so much forage being diverted away from livestock. I wonder how much hay we are talking about?

This oil spill is much ado about nothing for the most part as algae will eventually take care of the problem naturally.

WichitaLineMan":37v2eqsv said:

I am not sure that I like the idea of so much forage being diverted away from livestock. I wonder how much hay we are talking about?

This oil spill is much ado about nothing for the most part as algae will eventually take care of the problem naturally.
They could throw some corn in to just add more feed that would be going to waste.

The half billion dollars that BP has already spent trying to get the leak stopped would have bought a lot of hay, I guess!

I know my BP stock just creeps lower and lower with all the troubles they are having! It was one of only 3 stocks I kept when I went to mostly cash in April. I sure wish I'd sold it all at $62.

George

My Clayton Williams stock has been on a tear lately but I am beginning to wish I had sold it last week!!!

I would never own BP. Those suckas have proven now that they can't run a refinery and they can't run deepwater oil lease. Couldn't happen to a more deserving group they can now truly be Beyond Petroleum.

dun":2w60fogp said:
WichitaLineMan":2w60fogp said:

They could throw some corn in to just add more feed that would be going to waste.

That corn's already spoken for we need it to make more ethanol so they can add it to the gasoline so we can get worse gas mileage.

Third time's a charm. I don't venture out of this forum too much. You'll have to forgive me.

I also raise Herefords so I can't be near as smart as you more astute Angus breeders!

WichitaLineMan":bfygs24y said:
Third time's a charm. I don't venture out of this forum too much. You'll have to forgive me.

I also raise Herefords so I can't be near as smart as you more astute Angus breeders!
He77 I ain't no angus breeder I am just a lowly commercial cowman
I ain't part of the Elite reg Breeders :cowboy:

besides I think some of the best momma cows in the world are a black baldie with a touch of ear thrown in

WichitaLineMan":21bjpdl5 said:
I would never own BP. Those suckas have proven now that they can't run a refinery and they can't run deepwater oil lease. Couldn't happen to a more deserving group they can now truly be Beyond Petroleum.

The good part is that I bought it at $36. The bad part is that it may get back there!
I bought it - and kept some of it because of the nice dividend, along with the Verizon and Nucor I kept a little of.

That good BP dividend may also go - with these troubles! I've only got 150 shares left, so I guess I'll ride it out. Compared to where I was at a year ago last March, I feel very lucky - even if that BP goes to zero.

George

George,

Just my .02, but if I were you I'd trade out of that BP and into XOM. If it is something you are thinking about keeping for 10 years or so. In 10 years the XOM dividend will be higher and you will have gotten much higher appreciation as well (when compared to BP). XOM is a much better legacy stock than BP.

You're right money and stocks are all secondary to the important things in life!

This may work with the half a cup of oil he dumped in bowl of water. Were talking millions of gallons in the gulf. Just think about how much hay they would actually need.

WichitaLineMan":35ps8yyq said:

Please elaborate on this comment.

WichitaLineMan":3owjg82o said:
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1999-05/926359264.Mi.r.html
That's one method...unfortunately it doesn't "raise the dead" and there's going to be millions of pounds of dead fish, birds, and animals.

>>That's one method...unfortunately it doesn't "raise the dead" and there's going to be millions of pounds of dead fish, birds, and animals.<<

Where are they? How come we haven't seen them yet?

We know in today's sensationalistic world the first oil covered bird is going to be shown over and over ad nauseum on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, ect..

Where are all these dead animals?

Latest posts