I'm sure the board police will be on my butt

Help Support CattleToday:

From NOAA:

NOAA (later cited by Homeland Securtiy Sec) Distance Themselves from Oil Plume Scare
I saw some of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's testimony today before the Senate on the oil spill. When asked about the reports of the oil plume, she basically said that the NOAA had issued a statement today and that that statement did not back up the assertions made in the reports about the so-called oil plume. So, here is what the NOAA statement. Not an outright refutation of the scientists, but hardly an endorsement.

Statement from NOAA Administrator Jane Lubchenco on Ongoing Efforts to Monitor Subsea Impacts of the BP Oil Spill

"Media reports related to the research work conducted aboard the R/V Pelican included information that was misleading, premature and, in some cases, inaccurate. Yesterday the independent scientists clarified three important points:

1. No definitive conclusions have been reached by this research team about the composition of the undersea layers they discovered. Characterization of these layers will require analysis of samples and calibration of key instruments. The hypothesis that the layers consist of oil remains to be verified.

2. While oxygen levels detected in the layers were somewhat below normal, they are not low enough to be a source of concern at this time.

3. Although their initial interest in searching for subsurface oil was motivated by consideration of subsurface use of dispersants, there is no information to connect use of dispersants to the subsurface layers they discovered.

NOAA thanks the Pelican scientists and crew for repurposing their previously scheduled mission to gather information about possible impacts of the BP oil spill. We eagerly await results from their analyses and share with them the goal of disseminating accurate information.

NOAA continues to work closely with EPA and the federal response team to monitor the presence of oil and the use of surface and sub-surface dispersants. As we have emphasized, dispersants are not a silver bullet. They are used to move us towards the lesser of two environmental outcomes. Until the flow of oil is stemmed, we must take every responsible action to reduce the impact of the oil."
For information about the response effort, visit http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com.

WichitaLineMan":3eicf7kk said:
>>That's one method...unfortunately it doesn't "raise the dead" and there's going to be millions of pounds of dead fish, birds, and animals.<<

Where are they? How come we haven't seen them yet?

We know in today's sensationalistic world the first oil covered bird is going to be shown over and over ad nauseum on CNN, MSNBC, Fox, ect..

Where are all these dead animals?

Oh I agree 100% about the one oil covered bird being held in front of the camera. What I'm more concerned about is the empty oyster shells and the empty shrimp nets. It's a very fragile eco system and something like this always reaks havoc. I'm all for drill drill drill and won't ever change my mind about that BUT I realize too what something like this can do to a very delicate environment. But apparently the administration thought it was doing a superlative job in "safety adn compliance".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100516/ap_ ... nspections

It was a matter of time untill this happened..And this is not the 1 st time....My friend , who has work in the oil world for 30 years, and been on 2 blow out, saies in a year they will not have this fixed...Every thing they are doing , has never been done before...may or maynot work.....

The truth is that, every day this spill goes on the larger the problem, in about 3 month when a big hurracain comes through, you going to have beach covered will oil from fl. to Texas....There have been alot of people making alot of money in the gulf in oil, it has come home to them now.....

DRILL OFTEN, DRILL DEEP... oil spills , Globel warming, it aint no problem...

alftn":35xf9ho2 said:
It was a matter of time untill this happened..And this is not the 1 st time....My friend , who has work in the oil world for 30 years, and been on 2 blow out, saies in a year they will not have this fixed...Every thing they are doing , has never been done before...may or maynot work.....

The truth is that, every day this spill goes on the larger the problem, in about 3 month when a big hurracain comes through, you going to have beach covered will oil from fl. to Texas....There have been alot of people making alot of money in the gulf in oil, it has come home to them now.....

DRILL OFTEN, DRILL DEEP... oil spills , Globel warming, it aint no problem...

Global warming?? Pure BS. Al Gore just bought a 9 million dollar home on the oceanfront...doesn't sound like he's too worried about the "ocean level rising".... As for the "spill". It's being handled sort of like our south border security problem. We're scrapping up small amount off the top every day but the big hole at the bottom keeps flooding the area and has not been fixed.

Latest posts