I'm hitting the pig lottery tomorrow

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have plans to smoke 10 slabs of bacon, one ham, and making those grilled sesame and ginger pork chops for family tomorrow. I'm sure there will be plenty of swill consumed also. Just warning you all before the pictures are out tomorrow :banana:

Got everything running at 6am.
09F6C17D-2EDE-4DED-853C-17D9B8033817.jpg

The ginger chops are marinating and I'll update as things progress.
0E3B39F3-4644-4A04-ADAF-3EB96B88BE08.jpg

C8FD0DE4-D042-4213-8AD2-0CF5BADFD06C.jpg

All finished and sliced. Still waiting on the ham and still have to grill the chops hem it's time. Day of the pig ain't done yet.
79C9396C-D22E-4349-94F9-16EF5CDBE1F6.jpg

Thanks.
I didn't get a chance to snap pics of the chops. But 16 chops sure didn't last long and the ham finished at the same time the chops came off the grill. So half the ham is gone also and all that's left of the chops are gnawed on bones. When guests pick the bones clean I guess it's a good sign. Or I didn't cook enough. Seeing that there were only 8 people I guess it's a good sign.

I missed the invite ;-) Looks delicious. I'm hungry now. Sounds like you or some of your family need to give The Big Texan a run on that 72 oz steak.

hook that bacon looks real good.did your guest wipe it out as well.i bet yall are so full its napp time.

bigbull338":1f6njjtf said:
hook that bacon looks real good.did your guest wipe it out as well.i bet yall are so full its napp time.
I metered out a small portion of the bacon. It was done, sliced and bagged before they got here so they got a pittance of a portion haha

Hook, that bacon looks fantastic! If you don't mind sharing, what was the brine you used?

Looks really good, Hook. Between you and Jo all this curing and smoking y'all are doing is gonna make me knock off the dust on the grinder and do some work.

Alan,I just used a dry cure and then smoke it.
Slick, it's a fun little hobby and simple enough to do. I don't get a lot of free time lately so I schedule myself a day and that's my day to smoke and do nothing else.
Thanks

Latest posts