I'm a Dodge man now!

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":b17rweym said:
My 3/4 ton was licensed for 21,000 pounds. I was over that every time I left the house with my horse trailer. This one is licensed for 26,000 pounds. Plus, in traffic and big cities-------Quick stops, fast lane changes. I know I needed the umph of a 1 ton.

Why not farm tags?

tom4018":3tq9f2fb said:
Bigfoot":3tq9f2fb said:
My 3/4 ton was licensed for 21,000 pounds. I was over that every time I left the house with my horse trailer. This one is licensed for 26,000 pounds. Plus, in traffic and big cities-------Quick stops, fast lane changes. I know I needed the umph of a 1 ton.

Why not farm tags?

Evidently in Ky there are two choices of farm tags for a 1 ton. 26,000 and 30,000. The 30 requires a dot number. The 26 is business as usual. I called the department of transportation yesterday to discuss it with them, to make sure I knew what I was getting in to. Several people didn't know, but I finally got a supervisor. When I asked if he was sure, he quoted the KRS reguarding it.

Have you figured out the dam radio phone shut yet. My son synchronized my phone to my radio. Now every time I my phone rings the whole conversation is played over the radio. Then hang up and it starts playing stuff outta my voice recorder. Which I use to keep notes

So I've got the wife mil son and dil in the truck . I get a call , it was a business call and no problem, then I hang up the phone and on comes my voice announcing the date and that the bull was screwing#37 :shock:

I'm scared to use the radio or my phone

Welcome to the club :)
I wouldn't buy a diesel in the newer trucks unless I was really using the truck heavily.. The repair costs can very quickly outweigh any fuel savings.. The older diesels are simple enough I can work on myself

callmefence.. that's bloody hilarious! Ain't technology great?

callmefence":6y7xerws said:
Have you figured out the dam radio phone shut yet. My son synchronized my phone to my radio. Now every time I my phone rings the whole conversation is played over the radio. Then hang up and it starts playing stuff outta my voice recorder. Which I use to keep notes

So I've got the wife mil son and dil in the truck . I get a call , it was a business call and no problem, then I hang up the phone and on comes my voice announcing the date and that the bull was screwing#37 :shock:

just turn the blue tooth off on your phone

M-5":21bn6wed said:
callmefence":21bn6wed said:

just turn the blue tooth off on your phone

And I thought I was bad.

Bigfoot":8sqdi3qh said:
tom4018":8sqdi3qh said:
Bigfoot":8sqdi3qh said:

Why not farm tags?

Evidently in Ky there are two choices of farm tags for a 1 ton. 26,000 and 30,000. The 30 requires a dot number. The 26 is business as usual. I called the department of transportation yesterday to discuss it with them, to make sure I knew what I was getting in to. Several people didn't know, but I finally got a supervisor. When I asked if he was sure, he quoted the KRS reguarding it.

From what DOT told me a DOT number is required is you cross the state line or over 150 miles from farm if your truck has 10,000 GVWR.

I hoped it would grow on me, but it's just not comfortable to drive. Can't wear a hat unless your leaned over. Can't get in and out with a hat on your head. Left knee is almost touching the dash. Chevrolet has dodge on comfort.

We've got a flock of Dodge trucks here. I bought a new 5500 this summer, and it does what I bought it for, but I can still understand your buyers remorse after dropping that kind of coin. With a tow rating of almost 30k, I was able to do away with my International 4700......Otherwise known as a gutless wonder. Dodge isn't known for comfort, but until they put a Cummins in a Chevy, that's just the way it's going to stay around here. We get well over 300k of hard miles out of them, and that's pretty hard to beat.
Ya Fence, I had to turn the bluetooth off too. It's just not as handy as it sounds.

I put Mazda bucket seats in my Dodge.. last who owned it was 400 lbs and totally destroyed the seat... its pretty comfy now

Bigfoot":3k22j2eg said:
I hoped it would grow on me, but it's just not comfortable to drive. Can't wear a hat unless your leaned over. Can't get in and out with a hat on your head. Left knee is almost touching the dash. Chevrolet has dodge on comfort.

I took my head rest out so I could wear a hat. Bigfoot you went from a so so truck to a heavy duty towing machine with overload and helper springs. The 2500 Ram with the air ride suspension is probably what you needed. See if they'll take the truck back, I know some dealers have a 2 week return policy.

True Grit Farms":200hdlb5 said:
Bigfoot":200hdlb5 said:

I took my head rest out so I could wear a hat. Bigfoot you went from a so so truck to a heavy duty towing machine with overload and helper springs. The 2500 Ram with the air ride suspension is probably what you needed. See if they'll take the truck back, I know some dealers have a 2 week return policy.

I fear you are correct.

Bigfoot":3e8prnrq said:
True Grit Farms":3e8prnrq said:
Bigfoot":3e8prnrq said:

I fear you are correct.

Dang Foot, sorry to hear this isn't working out.

TennesseeTuxedo":30b1jbx6 said:
Bigfoot":30b1jbx6 said:
True Grit Farms":30b1jbx6 said:

I fear you are correct.

Wife says I'll get used to it.

TennesseeTuxedo":1izqzcbh said:
Bigfoot":1izqzcbh said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1izqzcbh said:

Wife says I'll get used to it.

I'm with Grit here, see if they'll take it back so you can get one that fits you better.

I figured out a few minutes ago the console goes up. That helped.

Bigfoot":sek2ol3d said:
MoCrackerCowboy":sek2ol3d said:
I like the Dodge with a Cummins
Never been much of a gas burner fan
My brother has drove nothing but gas burner dodges since 81 he loves them
I always needed more pulling power and Dodge didn't offer it in gas

I really can't justify a diesel. Probably can't justify a 1 ton either. Dodge had a good deal compared to the other 2, so I went with it.

Remember you get what you pay for. There was a reason it was cheaper. They didn't make you a "good deal" out of the kindness of their heart.

X2 on staying away from the Ranch Hand steps if they use the cheap little clips. They break from going down the roads and thru the pastures. They will go to rattling and getting loose in no time.

Brute 23":33kl2vy0 said:
Bigfoot":33kl2vy0 said:
MoCrackerCowboy":33kl2vy0 said:
I like the Dodge with a Cummins
Never been much of a gas burner fan
My brother has drove nothing but gas burner dodges since 81 he loves them
I always needed more pulling power and Dodge didn't offer it in gas

I really can't justify a diesel. Probably can't justify a 1 ton either. Dodge had a good deal compared to the other 2, so I went with it.

Remember you get what you pay for. There was a reason it was cheaper. They didn't make you a "good deal" out of the kindness of their heart.

X2 on staying away from the Ranch Hand steps if they use the cheap little clips. They break from going down the roads and thru the pastures. They will go to rattling and getting loose in no time.

"They say" a gas engine in a ton truck is getting more popular. I don't know, of all my friends, I own the only gas burner ton truck.

Latest posts