Igloo dog house

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43 said:
Texas 100 degree heat , dog tied on west side of house ,no shade only thing for dog is a igloo dog house. I witnessed this as I drove by the location several times in the afternoon, the dog never was in the dog house just sitting and panting, I would never do this to an animal, I called the Sheriff dept. to investigate. I talked to the officer this morning, he said he saw nothing wrong the dog had shelter and water. The dog looks like a golden retriever, the house is a small igloo dog house like you buy at wal mart or tractor supply. I just saw a story where those houses get 130 degrees inside just like a car builds up heat inside. Am I over reacting to the situation, and should just mine my on business. To me it is just like putting a child in that situation.

You acted appropriately. You saw it. You made a judgement. You did what your values told you to do.

I am kinda like Aaron. Pain is pain. Suffering is suffering. Child abuse is abhorrent. But so is mistreating any higher form of life.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Huge difference between an animal and a human being.
I agree. I have deep fondness for my stock, be it bovine, equine or canine. They all mean something to me, more than just monetary. But, if any of them showed aggression to my daughter, they are at once completely disposable to me. I put much time and effort into the well-being of my stock, but refuse to put them over the humans in my life...

Oh, I misunderstood, you would elevate chaining a dog with food, water and shelter to being
a crime. Just what we need more laws. :roll: Sheriff's office looked at the situation and saw
nothing wrong
, but online and a thousand miles away, clearly abuse. Lock Him Up.

I think the county animal control guys are understaffed and underfunded. They can only enforce what the law allows. Common sense should prevail, but the law doesn't regulate common sense. Shelter is shelter and that's the letter of the law. I know it's frustrating.

I hate seeing dogs loose in pick up beds. I know many dogs do fine and never fall out, but there are many more who do. I was an AC officer fresh out of high school. I scraped up a lot of pick up truck dogs off the road. One other call we got was a young Lab pup that jumped out of his owner's truck window while the truck was moving. Got under the tires. The guy cried his heart out as his dog gasped his last breath. I felt terrible for them both. Never kept my window lower than a muzzle length after that.

Sometimes knocking on the door works. It did when I was on a USN port visit in Greece. Lots of stray dogs there because they don't have pounds. Gate guard at the shipyard had a dog on a short lead with no shelter from the sun and no water. Sweet dog was panting up a storm. The galley let me have an old container and I filled it with water and brought to the dog. Then, I convinced him to give the dog more slack so he could get to shade. The man, though he spoke little English, agreed. The dog looked much happier. Maybe cause I was an American lady who smiled at him.

Maybe, you could find another neighbor to sweet talk the owner. Maybe he just doesn't use the squishy thing between his ears.

What is the address? I'll go get the igloo and the dog.

I'm ready joking just in case the dog comes up missing. That's a silly joke. 😊☝🏾

Latest posts