If You Get Lost in the Woods..

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime":1si90t5w said:
P1020335.jpg

I was riding along the creekside sand ridge today and saw this tree and thought it would take an extraordinary scout to figure North just by looking at this Post Oak.

My suggestion would be to face the creek and North would be to your right. How did I do?

Angie, that's Spanish moss. It grows on trees mostly in a high humidity environment such as around ponds or streams all over the South land.

Jo, you would have been right if I was on the other side of the creek. And the other side of the creek is usually where I can be found. :D

ga. prime":27g25ctt said:
Angie, that's Spanish moss. It grows on trees mostly in a high humidity environment such as around ponds or streams all over the South land.

Jo, you would have been right if I was on the other side of the creek. And the other side of the creek is usually where I can be found. :D

In a nice way you are telling me I would have gotten lost. :oops: :lol2: :lol2: I just wanted to see if the same thing applies here as there as the sugar sand can only be found on the east side of creeks and rivers in my area. If you see landscape like that, you can pretty well bet your last dollar you are on the east side of the creek or river. BTW, have you ever used the coals from those trees to cook a steak on? If not, you should try it. I promise you it will be a delicious dining experience.

That's mostly true here also about the deep sand being on the East side. But not always. Good thinking Jo, and good guess.. I've never cooked steak with the post oak coals, but it's what we always use to bar-b-que hogs with. Yummy. :D

Latest posts