I need a cell phone guru

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My cell phone is years old and has many problems, because of reception I have T-mobile. My son gave me his old AT&T phone. I stuck my sim card in the AT&T and it locked up pretty quick, I need a PUK number. ???? To unlock it, t-mobile can't or won't do it, I'm not AT&T so they won't do it. I tried going to a Verizon store and they will do it for $60. :roll: Yes I know I can get a new one from T-mobile for a new 2 year contract, at this point no thanks. Any help, PM me if you want, not looking to cheat any company just looking for a better phone without any contracts or too many $$$$.

Thanks,
Alan

Buy a used tMobile phone off Craigslist or eBay. Stick your sim card in it. That's it.
Each phone is set up for each carrier. Your t mobile so you need a t mobile phone

Well since there is no love lost between ATT, Tmobile or I, and since I don't see how it is unethical to unlock a phone that you paid for by upholding an agreement, I will help you out. I believe it is unethical for them to not willingly unlock it for you. But of course, I felt it was unethical for ATT to charge me $350 roaming from a tower that was several miles across the state line when they specifically stated in their contract that as long as I was within the given boundaries of the state of Oklahoma, there would be no roaming. I let them eat the bill on that one.

What you need to do is have your son call ATT if he still has service with them (even though a different phone), and ask them for the information to unlock the phone. The reasoning to provide them is that, he will be going out of the country and will be taking his phone with him.

They apparently can't or won't deny you the number for this reason. Generally you will need to have had service for at least 90 days for this request to be granted.

I did this with my Tmobile smart phone just prior to closing my account for a walmart prepaid plan with no contract. Flat fee. No hidden junk.

Good luck!

I do not know how to unlock the phone. But when we need to replace a phone, I buy a prepaid phone and put the sim card in it.

T-Mobile has pre-paid phones, Walmart carries them. It will not renew or extend your contract.

I live in the boonies and only get reception with Verizon. I also only use my phone to make calls, mostly on the farm, so I don't use many minutes each month. I used Straight Talk for a long time,,,$33 tax included for 1000 minutes talk,1000 text and a small amount of data. A few months ago I stumbled on to Page Plus http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/12%20Plan.aspx It operates on Verizon, maybe others, and they have different plans. I paid $80 for 2000 minutes and 12 months of service (from a dealer only) and this will do me for a year. That's $6.67 per month. I bought my pageplus phone on Ebay for $49. Prepay phones with no contract are the way to go unless your a teen that has a phone to their ear 24/7.

I have a grandson that has that 24/7 condition. I bought him a Droid Incredible smart phone, used, on Ebay $129, had it flashed,$39 to Straight talk. This is a complicated ordeal, for me anyway, but can be done when buying the service from someone that will help. But the grandson now has a smart phone with unlimited minutes, text, and data for $50 a month including tax. No contract. He downloads and plays games and is the envy of his 9 y/o buddies. Hopes this helps.

Latest posts