I must confess..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I cannot bake !!!!!!! Well I kinda can; but I hate it for some reason. Love to cook hate to bake; maybe because half the time I do it doesn't turn out for some reason. Probably because I suck at following recipes.. ;-)

I need a no fail delicious dark chocolate fluffy moist cake recipe that I ma going to make for my dad when I make dinner for him and mom next Sunday for his Bday dinner which is today.

He is very picky and fussy about everyone's cooking so it needs to be very delicious. No weird/strange ingredients please. Just something, well like his mother would have maybe made, but tastes really good too. :lol2:

Thank you.

I hear ya, I hardly ever make a cake or pie and I struggle with them too. Ya gotta measure when you bake, that is a new concept for me. :lol:

I'll see if I can find the recipe for Buttermilk Brownie cake and post it. The cake and frosting are both chocolate, and have buttermilk in them and it is very moist and delicious.

hillsdown":mc9u0guq said:
I cannot bake !!!!!!! Well I kinda can; but I hate it for some reason.
It's as MO says "ya gotta measure" :nod: .
hillsdown":mc9u0guq said:
No weird/strange ingredients please
Buttermilk :lol: .......keep it simple MO.

HD, my father always used to rave about my old Norwegian granmother's chocolate cake. I have managed to find two recipes amoungst her books so you are just going to have to try them both and let me know :p .
Here's the first one, i've made the conversions correctly (I hope)-
3 eggs
450ml sugar
250g butter
600ml cake flour
3tsp baking powder
2tsp vanilla sugar ? (suppose/hope that's the same as essence ??)
3ss cocoa(for the love of me I don't know what 'ss' is,maybe 1/2 cup? :lol: )
250ml milk

Whisk egg + sugar well
Melt butter, allow to cool. Add to sugar + egg mix
Mix dry ingredients well
Gradually add dry ingredients + milk to sugar + egg mix
Grease a deep pan and pour in mixture :eek:
Bake at 350 for 20-30min

Icing
300g sugar
200g dark chocolate
2 eggs
400g icing sugar

Melt butter + chocolate
Add egg + icing sugar and mix
Add a little coffee and allow to cool
Spread on top of cake

I must confess.... I have not tried this recipe :shock: so best of luck :lol: . I will post the other one soon.

hillsdown":3k7qr75b said:
I cannot bake !!!!!!! Well I kinda can; but I hate it for some reason. Love to cook hate to bake; maybe because half the time I do it doesn't turn out for some reason. Probably because I suck at following recipes.. ;-)

I need a no fail delicious dark chocolate fluffy moist cake recipe that I ma going to make for my dad when I make dinner for him and mom next Sunday for his Bday dinner which is today.

He is very picky and fussy about everyone's cooking so it needs to be very delicious. No weird/strange ingredients please. Just something, well like his mother would have maybe made, but tastes really good too. :lol2:

Thank you.

Might have to call on Betty Crocker...or Duncan Hines. :nod:

1 pkg dark chocolate MOIST recipe Duncan Hine
1 pkg cherry pie filling
2 eggs
frosting of your choice (our favorite is a LIGHT drizzle of powdered sugar/milk icing... really LIGHT)

...mix together, dump into 2 round pans, cook at 325 until a toothpick comes out clean...

...and voila!

Quick Simple Cherry Chocolate Cake

Thanks Davis, but I don't know if he would like that.

Alison that sounds great and I think I may even be able to measure ingredients.. :lol2:

Dinner next week is out anyways as they are getting company. But thanks again everyone and I may just have to make those to practice, ;-)

Here's the second recipe, my kind of recipe, just beat everything together :D .

Blitz chocolate cake
Put into your mixing bowl these ingredients in this order:(that's how it reads)
1 cup sugar
1 egg 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups flour sifted together with
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bi-carbonate of soda dissolved in
1/2 cup boiling water
1 tsp vanilla essence

Beat all together for three minutes, transfer into a greased cake tin and bake in a slow oven(300) for 40 minutes.
No icing recipe(page torn away) :( .

Sorry your folks are no longer visiting this weekend but as you say you now have time to practice :D .

Poor Mr HD he must be a saint and deserves a special place in heaven having to endure all that HD puts him thru and then has to lie to her so her feelings don't get hurt by telling her how wonderful dinner was
I bet he can't wait to find a mcdonalds or any shoo fly cafe after being home for a few days and going thur all that torture :lol: :lol:
he must be a He77 of a guy
everyone please remember him in your prayers cause it wouldn't surprise me if one of these day HD comes on here and says he has passed from some mystery disease(food poisoning most likely)

Angus Cowman":1tmzdygh said:
Poor Mr HD he must be a saint and deserves a special place in heaven having to endure all that HD puts him thru and then has to lie to her so her feelings don't get hurt by telling her how wonderful dinner was
I bet he can't wait to find a mcdonalds or any shoo fly cafe after being home for a few days and going thur all that torture :lol: :lol:
he must be a He77 of a guy
everyone please remember him in your prayers cause it wouldn't surprise me if one of these day HD comes on here and says he has passed from some mystery disease(food poisoning most likely)

Poor hubby just wastes away when he is at home and has to try to keep down my cooing, you all should really keep him in your prayers for sure. ;-) I should really be practicing when the inlaws get here, maybe they will leave sooner.. :lol2: :cowboy:

Thanks for the new one Alison.

Latest posts