Oh yes I did!

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
What's cooking in here?

My 40 yr old waffle maker with the plates turned over to the flat side.
Not bad for the 1st time I tried it..top sirloin.
Came out great. nice & juicy and flavorful but 4 minutes is bit too long for med rare.

Tried it at a stage too. Turned it on high but it 'steamed' instead of browned...and what a mess :lol2: Your's looks good though.

You have to make sure the waffle maker is the type that the hinges in the back can extend up, so the top plate sits down flat on whatever is cooking. Some are just plain flat hinges, which means the front half of the meat isn't touching the top plate and when that happens, that's what makes it just steam. It needs to be pretty dang hot before dropping the meat on, and time it, but don't mess with it at all till you are ready to take it off. For this thickness steak, I think 3 to 3 1/2 minutes would have been better for the way I like my sirloin.
I'm going to try a 1" ribeye tomorrow.
May regret doing it.

High on that old cooker is really hot. It would probably blacken to a solid char pretty good on the outside before the inside got to medium rare.

Because I could...
Again, med high. I don't like my eggs runny.

ease the top down and counted to 10:

another

Took less than 30 seconds for both and they lifted out clean as a whistle

Pretty much, I can cook 'em as fast as I can crack the egg and drop it on there.
For my wife's, I don't lower the top.
5 is the limit I can do all at one time tho, cracked beforehand into a bowl and gently poured on to the waffle iron.

make SURE............you spray some of that non-stick stuff on the waffle thing before you try this.
you have been warned..

Latest posts