I hate City Hunters

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
I was coming down the county road on the tractor when one of the lease hunters stopped to talk. There is a 6000 acre deer lease on the north side of my place. The hunter went to braging about just hauling in 16 hogs and turning them loose.
You should have seen the look on his face when I said I am locking the gates and they will have to drive five miles around to get to the lease. I own 30 foot on the other side of the county road and have been letting them cross until now.

Everyone here is trying to kill and trap every hog there is and they are hauling them in. Heck a pack of the devils can make a hayfield look like someone has been in there with a D-9.

They are idiots in the country as well. Neighbor - who row crops - set out some pigs for his "guided hunting business". The whole thing was a flop except for the breeding capabilities of the pigs.

Remember Hogzilla? This is a country boy too who set out worlds of pigs to lure the city money to his pocket.

Frankly, I wish everyone would quit trying to make money off hunting. Get rid of the TV shows and simply quit the exploitation of wildlife. The harvesting of game is a necessary event but it should not be celebrated on television. This in itself is going to do more harm to our right to hunt than anything else. IMHO

Caustic Burno":j1z01sk4 said:
I was coming down the county road on the tractor when one of the lease hunters stopped to talk. There is a 6000 acre deer lease on the north side of my place. The hunter went to braging about just hauling in 16 hogs and turning them loose.

Oops! :shock:

You should have seen the look on his face when I said I am locking the gates and they will have to drive five miles around to get to the lease. I own 30 foot on the other side of the county road and have been letting them cross until now.

I can only imagine - I'll bet it was priceless, though! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":1tg0a1nf said:
They are idiots in the country as well. Neighbor - who row crops - set out some pigs for his "guided hunting business". The whole thing was a flop except for the breeding capabilities of the pigs.

Remember Hogzilla? This is a country boy too who set out worlds of pigs to lure the city money to his pocket.

Frankly, I wish everyone would quit trying to make money off hunting. Get rid of the TV shows and simply quit the exploitation of wildlife. The harvesting of game is a necessary event but it should not be celebrated on television. This in itself is going to do more harm to our right to hunt than anything else. IMHO

This from the one who painted a snake blue?
No offense intended, Jog, but practice what you preach.

Dang Cuastic. That makes me fighting mad and I'm hundreds of miles from there.

Take one of my traps with a "nice" boar in it, set it up againt the front door and open the gate. Then ring the door bell and leave. When that boar gets through wrecking everything in his house, it still won't compare to the damages that boar will do to your fields.

There are others to blame too. Those who sell hogs to them. I WILL NOT sell anything to folks like that and anyone who does ought to be tarred and feathered.

I haven't been catching many lately. I haven't had things rooted up in a while. Maybe I finally got them thinned out again.

The more I think about this CB the madder I get. Fools like that are the exact reason the Russain Boar bloodline was introduced to all these ferals in Texas.

Driving 5 miles around your property is not enough. He's going to cost you thousands over the next decade in fence repair and wrecked crops.

Where did he get the hogs? If they were trapped elsewhere, they are now going to be trap smart and hard to catch.

You would be better off if he had pulled a gun on you and stole $5,000 out of your wallet.

Doggone idiot. If he is wanting to eat the hogs, I'll give him some out of my pens. I gave away 17 last weekend. No one gets a live one. They have to field dress it right there.

Congratulations for not putting a bullet between his eyes. He robbed you of a lot of income. Not to mention the time your going to spend. Did you call the sherrif?

Man they do tear up fence I have a fence box on the mule. Anything needed to repair fence is in that box, once a week I ride fence and repair hog damage. Need to start peeing at their deer feeders that should make for some slow hunting.

Jogeephus":32bar83a said:

I would not worry too much about them TV Hunters. Those shows are geared to sell Deer plot seeds, Bows, Guns, Binoculars, etc. Those "Lazy Boy" armchair Hunters dont last long in the woods. Plus, someone is getting rich off the shows and videos, if you need to buy stuff like that to attempt to make you a sucessful Hunter, well then I feel sorry for you.As I type, I'm watching at least 5 Does and a couple of young Bucks, eating salt.

Awhile back ,there was a couple of city hunters arould here that went to a farmers house to ask if they could retrieve the two black bears they had shot on his property. Well turns out the were no bears, they were black angus cows. Now what kind of moron can mistake cow for bears? Those idiots shouldn't bet allowes to hunt anything!

Similar thoughts crossed my mind today listening to some city hunters talking about how they caused a stampede...

Caustic Burno":2p43p71d said:
The hunter went to braging about just hauling in 16 hogs and turning them loose.

How did you manage to not come off that tractor and ream that guy out?

It's times like that that I know I would have lost my composure and just flown off the handle.

What an idiot. (the hunter, not you).

Katherine

andybob":1s3ioeib said:
Are there no regulations controlling the movement, trade and release of alien species?
This type of irrisponsible behavior should carry heavy legal penalties.

there are.

Latest posts