Huh? Comments, please

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie":3sl01a1f said:
Frankie , your not going to like this. I talked to a friend the other day and they said at Denver several breeds were meeting ( Simmental , South Devons, Red Angus , Salers, Maybe Limi's etc. ) not trying to be factual with the breeds but it was some of these and maybe some more. They were working in conjunction and were in the planning stages. Hmmmmm.
Maybe KB can tell us what they were working on.Wouldn't be epd's would it?

Aw, Ollie, the sun is shining, the new calf is up and sucking, the wind is not blowing 30 MPH, looking for a high of 60 degrees today. the Angus breed is dominant in the beef industry. Whatever happens with the other breeds isn't likely to ruin my week. Take care....

Frankie":3q5o8mjz said:
ollie":3q5o8mjz said:
Frankie , your not going to like this. I talked to a friend the other day and they said at Denver several breeds were meeting ( Simmental , South Devons, Red Angus , Salers, Maybe Limi's etc. ) not trying to be factual with the breeds but it was some of these and maybe some more. They were working in conjunction and were in the planning stages. Hmmmmm.

Aw, Ollie, the sun is shining, the new calf is up and sucking, the wind is not blowing 30 MPH, looking for a high of 60 degrees today. the Angus breed is dominant in the beef industry. Whatever happens with the other breeds isn't likely to ruin my week. Take care....
I didn't realize they had Marijuana in Oklahoma. You are no fun mellow :lol:

ollie":2o1bf49p said:
Frankie":2o1bf49p said:
ollie":2o1bf49p said:

I didn't realize they had Marijuana in Oklahoma. You are no fun mellow :lol:

:lol: A few years ago, it was reported as the second largest cash crop grown in the state. Don't know about these days.

ollie":2qk8cwl5 said:
What was the largest? Meth?

I don't think meth is a cash "crop." I really don't remember #2, but it was probably wheat. We grow lots of winter wheat here in OK.

Meth had definitely been a problem. But a couple of years ago our legislature passed a law requiring the cold remedies that had been used in its mfg no longer be sold over the counter. If you want a bottle of it, you have to sign, and show your driver's license. Since that took effect, meth lab busts are down something like 70% in the state. Arkansas and Texas are looking at the same law because so many meth mfgrs moved across the state line.

They did the same thing in MO several years ago. Hasn;t made any real difference. We're still right up there with meth cooking busts.

dun

Latest posts